Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Crocheting, its just so much fun......

I have this beautiful friend I admire. She crochets and knits. She makes the most beautiful things. I asked her if she would teach me. Although I knew just one stitch, I wanted to really learn the basics. She is just gifted with this talent. She came and taught me a new stitch, I worked on it and was able to make a baby afgan. I then was able to make scarves. I have made three, and they are just so darn cute. It is a blessing when a friend gives of her time to teach you something, and she is a really great teacher. I am now going to learn all the basics and learn a new stitch. I am just crocheting crazy now. It is so peaceful, and with each stitch you are creating something beautiful, that you look at when your done and say wow, did I really do that? My friend brought over a soda, and was ready to teach me last week, but we figured out we needed a different pattern. We had a great time anyway. She is such a beautiful giving friend, and I thank her for sharing in her time. In making my afgan for my daughter it came across to me how awesome God is, here its taken me awhile to work on one project, take a look at God. He created the world in six days and on that seventh He rested. Just amazing, His creation is amazing, and compares to no other. We can look around and see all His creation, and be in awe. I'm glad He gave us gifts to create and share, when we give Him all the glory......

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...