Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snowdays.......

I remember as a child the snowdays we had. We didn't just get out of school when it was cold, or if we got a few inches of snow. We had snowdays where I lived when we got feet of snow. I remember Mom cooking breakfast. Fried potatoes, eggs, and bisquits and gravy. She would make me hot chocolate, with little marshmellows on top. We would watch the snow fall, and sometimes dress up warm and walk over to the neighbors , she was a good friend, and we would all play yatzee. I loved that game, we could play for hours. I would play dress up, and then I was ready to tackle making a snowman. It was so greaat being a kid at home on the those snowdays with mom. She made them fun, and days to remember. At 3 o'clock I knew it was time for dad to come in the door, the Flintsones were on and mom was putting dinner on the table. Unlike today, we didn't know until that next morning if we had school, so we would listen to the radio. I would hear my school, while in bed and shout in my head, yea,another day at home with mom, breakfast, and fun.......

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...