Tuesday, July 17, 2018

River to Redemption by Ann H. Gabhart

Anytime there is a book for review that is penned by Ann H. Gabhart I grab it up quickly. I am an avid fan of Gabhart's writing. I have so enjoyed every book penned by her hand. She writes in such a way that sets her apart from others. She has the gift to put words together that brings a story to life. She takes the black and white, weaving together love and faith into the hearts of unforgettable characters. 

What characters this book contains! This book held such emotion for me. My heart seems to connect to every character. Such a pureness and a a rare beauty that Gabhart has brought us. As much as I have loved her other novels, this just may be at the top of the fave list.

We travel back to the year of 1833. Springfield, Kentucky. Ann is giving us such rich and vivid details. Historical fiction with truth, love and freedom, faith and chains. The cholera epidemic is swirling and growing. One man stands out, a slave by the name of Louis. I tell you that his character touched me in a powerful way. I want to live with such beauty and character. He lived every moment with his eyes fixed on Jesus. With death surrounding him, his heart was pure and filled with such mercy. He did for all what most would never think about doing for him. He thought past himself and his own circumstances. He made the choice to see beauty in all around him.

Aunt Tilda also stands out for me. Another slave. Another beauty that chose to reach out beyond herself, touch the world around her with such grace, leaving a legacy of Jesus. Oh, the love in her heart is a love we should all strive to live.

Adria Starr is the main character. Oh, this little girl brought me to tears. My arms wanted to reach out and hug her. This is writing!! When a novel allows you to feel such deep emotion it brings it to a whole new level. We journey with Adria and with others in a world that seems so long ago, but one we can relate to. We have our own sets of circumstance and trial, but from these characters we can see a "No matter what" type of faith. They walked through the valley and came out the other side with grace and mercy.

Let us not forget Ruth and the new Pastor. Both characters are so gentle. They are finding their way through tragedy and finding a place where life can not only continue, but flourish beyond what they can imagine.

I suppose what I loved the most was the portrayal of people with such generous hearts! Maybe that is what I see in them. As big as their circumstances before them, their grace given, was always bigger!

If you are looking for not only a great novel, but one that will move your heart and challenge you, look no further. Ann has brought us a novel that is moving and powerful, yet so sweet and tender. Yep, that's a Gabhart novel!

Of course I give Ann's masterpiece a glowing five star review!🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

This novel was a gift from Revell for sharing my review with you. 

Ann H.Gabhart is the bestselling and award-winning author of many novels, including These Healing Hills, Angel Sister, and The Heart of Hollyhill series. She is also the author of the popular Hidden Springs Mysteries series as A.H. gabhart. Ann and her husband enjoy country life on a farm a mile from where she was born in rural Kentucky. Learn more at www.annhgabhart.com.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...