Friday, April 20, 2018

I Can Only Imagine (The True Story That Inspired the Hit Song and Major Motion Picture) by Bart Millard with Robert Noland

What a wonderful gem of a read! Inspiring and full of God's grace and mercy! This is a song I loved the first time of hearing it. Every time it comes on the radio it's like the very first time. One cannot hear this song and not be moved in a powerful way. 

This memoir is one that truly moves the heart and one that many will be able to connect with too. I loved the transparency and heart of this book. Pure and raw. 

Bart doesn't seem to leave out anything. He shares the beauty of life, the trials of heart, the mountains and valleys, along with the shadows where our wounds seem to live. He shares with us moments of his life that shine Jesus. Where there was pain he shows us forgiveness. Where there was unjust he shares with us peace of letting go. There isn't one area of Bart's life that he doesn't allow Jesus to use for His glory. 

I too love the photos of family and friends that he shares with us. He shares his young life, his home life, his family, and his musical gifts. It's like there isn't anything off limits for God to use. Super cool!! One thing I didn't know about Bart was the connection with Amy Grant. Oh, how God moves in those who serve Him. One can definitely see God has a master plan!

One of my favorite aspects of this book is what Bart shares in the very back. He could have easily shared his story and that was that, but he gives us even more. It's like God gave him pages and said, "Use them up. Use as many as you want. Just give Me the glory." That's exactly what Bart does!  We find in the Appendix Your Identity In Christ. This is where he shares what his mentor, Rusty, shared with him as he discipled Bart in walking with Jesus. He shares 75 verses where we can find our identity in Christ! To have all of these verses together, to be able to read them over and over is such a rich blessing. I intend to write them all in my journal that I keep with me in my purse. What a legacy! This gift given to Bart, he is now sharing with readers to continue to flow of blessings. 

I usually read fiction. But when this movie came out I started hearing everyone share about just how awesome it was for them. How their hearts were moved and how their lives impacted. When I seen the book for review I just had to grab it up. Boy, am I happy I made this selection. It's well worth the read. There is power in being transparent and in giving God glory for every aspect of our lives. 

This is Bart's life, but it too could be your life. There were aspects where I found myself within these pages. It's one that will leave your heart full. I think it's a 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟read!!

This book was a gift from Thomas Nelson for sharing my review with you. 

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...