Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Let's Linger A While More

In Your presence is where I want to dwell. Life is so time consuming. 24/7 Keeps us occupied. We are either wanting more time or pleading for it to slow. For You, Jesus, You are timeless. You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are in the morning and the evening. There is no hurried for You. We call out for You as if You have gone somewhere away from us. Lord, You're always present us with us. 

"You have made known to me the path of life; You will fill me with you in Your presence." Psalm 16:11

We rush to You with requests, but they are already known to You. We hurry with our time spent as You are wishing we would linger more. Time. Is there never enough for us? If there is more time we just fill it with more, don't we? I wonder, Lord, how much of my time is spent with You. How much of my 24/7 have I given to You, the Maker of all the minutes that pass through my day?  Not enough. Not enough.

If we lingered more, if no rush requests came from our lips as if there was no control, oh, the peace our hearts would know. The simply joy we would meet as we faced You with not requesting, but just being in Your presence. You are the All-Knowing. Where is our patience? Why is it so difficult for us to trust in You with all? If we lingered more Your sweet grace would extend from our words and actions. Your mercy that You give to us would freely be given to others more. Prayer wouldn't be a quick request followed by busyness, but a lingering conversation that takes us through the day into the night as we lay our head upon the coolness of our pillow. You would be our first and last thought. 

A conversation between Father and daughter, brother and sister, friend to friend. Lord, may I not rush through today without giving thought to You. May I not hurry through our time together before my day begins, but may this day be a gift between You and I that lingers into tomorrow and continues until time just isn't known.

"The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26

"To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

"Therefore I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; My God will hear me." Micah 7:7

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End", says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."" Revelation 1:8


AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...