Thursday, March 5, 2015

What Women Fear (Walking in Faith that Transforms) by Angie Smith

I was first introduced to Angie Smith when I read, Chasing God. I was so blown away I followed up and read, Mended. (Take a peek at my reviews). Both were outstanding. So when I seen What Women Fear I had to review it! 

Angie Smith is that girl who you want as a girlfriend. You know, the girl to share coffee with and just spend an afternoon sharing Jesus. She's real and transparent. That is what I love so much about her. In every book I've been blessed to review I have found blesses upon blesses to take away and apply to my life. 

I found myself in these pages. I had buried my fears and pretended they weren't alive. But in opening this book I found those fears and strongholds. Some of the chapters that truly blessed me are Fear of Rejection, Abandonment, and Betrayal; Fear of Death; Fear of Not Being Significant; and even Fear of God's Plan for My Life

Angie shares with us her personal journey of losing her daughter. I found myself lost in her words. She opens up and makes life real. No struggles held back. Just pure heart and soul. Giving the reader the feeling of letting go of self and realizing we don't have to hide in our fears. 

Angie takes us on a journey to finding release from the fears we have held onto for long. In this book we find scripture and prayer. She uses people from the Bible to help us know that we aren't the only ones. We surely aren't alone in our battles. 

My book is highlighted everywhere. Such beauty found within these pages. Here are a few of my favorites from Angie:

"When we depend on others to be our God, we strike out on a couple different levels. We burden them with blame for their lack of ability and we forfeit what God could have done if we would have honored Him the way we should have."

"Is it possible that the well is right beside you but you haven't seen it because your head is hung in grief? Are you so focused on what you think is missing that you don't see what is present? Maybe you need to ask the Lord to illuminate what it is He wants you to see. It's possible that what you have seen as the end of the road is actually an opportunity to open your eyes and see something you haven't."

"Never convince yourself that you should do something based on a "feeling" or a whim. Pray for the supernatural peace that comes from walking in step with Jesus, and then move in the direction you hear His voice calling."

"Fear God in the way that makes your knees bend and your heart race. Reverence Him. Be in awe of who He is. Know that in His divine wisdom, He chose you, your circumstances, and every last hair on your heard in order to woo you to trust and glorify Him the way He deserves to be glorified. He didn't choose you because of anything in you, but because of everything in Him."

This book was a gift from B&H Publishing Group for sharing my review with you. 

Angie Smith is the wife of Todd Smith (lead singer of Dove Award-winning group Selah) and author of Chasing God, I Will Carry You, What Women Fear, and Mended. She also has written two children’s books, For Such A Time As This and Audrey Bunny. Along with being an accomplished writer, Angie speaks to and encourages thousands of women each year. She lives with her husband and daughters in Nashville, TN.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...