Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Mended by Angie Smith

This is the first book I have read by Angie Smith. I can tell you, I will now grab up others penned by her. Wonderful, beautiful and captivating. The sub-title, "Pieces Of A Life Made Whole", gives you a glimpse of the pages in your hand. This is a book of healing and finding God's heart in everything.

I read the first chapter and thought, oh this is so good. Read the second and thought, oh, this is my favorite. Got to the third and realized each chapter was going to bless me in a different way. This book is sheer beauty. I love how Angie asks us to take a jar and break it as she did. To then gather the pieces and "Peace" them together. Oh, the healing right there in that action. Mended is a book for every heart that needs healing.

This book is a journey through her blog pieces, through her life and even more so, through the life of Christ. He is alive throughout these pages.

I must share, I LOVED the chapter, "Honeysuckles and Fireflies". The tears flowed as I read these sweet words about Andrew and his baseball team in a field of dreams. My heart melted.

This is one of those books that is a keeper. One to go back to over and over again. Angie's words flowed with grace. I felt the mercies of God as I read each story. She begins each chapter with the sweet Word of God. She shares from her heart and then ends with a portion called Mending, which is so valuable in our journey of healing.

This is a book that is rich with the Word, written from a humble heart. Penned from a mighty woman of God are words that will help bring healing.

This book was a gift from B&H Publishing Group for my review.

Angie Smith is the wife of Todd Smith (lead singer of Dove Award winning group Selah), author of I Will Carry You and What Women Fear, and one of the most popular speakers and blog writers in the country. She holds a Master’s degree in Developmental Psychology from Vanderbilt University and lives with her husband and daughters in Nashville, TN.


AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...