Saturday, December 27, 2014

Price of Privilege (Book 3) by Jessica Dotta

I chose this novel from Tyndale because it looked intriguing. The cover is exquisite. I love visiting another time and place in history. This was a lovely selection. I only wish I'd have known it was book 3 from the trilogy. I know I would have enjoyed it much more if I had read the first two books in the trilogy. I'll now have to go back and read the first two and reread this selection again. I loved the writing style of Jessica Dotta, but this needs to be read as a trilogy, not as a stand alone. 

Deceit, lies, mystery, scandal, and a bit of intrigue make this novel fascinating. Who doesn't love to read about lords and drama, drama, drama! The Victorian age comes to life in these pages. These characters are vivid. Dotta goes a wonderful job at bringing life into these pages. 

This novel is quite moving. I love how Dotta weaves faith into this beautiful novel. This is the first I have read of Jessica Dotta. It certainly won't be the last. Her writing is fascinating and I can't wait to read more! 

This novel was a gift from Tyndale for sharing my review with you. 

Jessica Dotta has always been fascinated by England during the Regency and Victorian era. Her passion for British Literature fueled her desire to write in a style that blends the humor of Jane Austen and the dark drama of a Bronte sister. She lives in the Nashville area with her family and works as a freelance media consultant and publicist.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...