Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Unfolding Beauty

We are a right now kind of people. Instant gratification is what we expect. Easy is quick. Whatever we can do to have it right now. Oh, I'm right there with you. But, more and more God is showing me that beauty is found not in the nice and easy, but in the waiting for it to unfold. 

Kind of like how a writer weaves a story. If they just began with the ending, what would be the point? We would miss out on all the details. The journey wouldn't be half as nice. 

God is our Master Writer and He has a wondrous plan for us. The key is uncovering that plan. It takes prayer. That intimate one on one time with Jesus. Time spent in His Word. One of the most important aspects of God I've learned is to allow the Spirit room to move me. If I'm unmovable I'm going to miss out on the beauty He has placed perfectly before my eyes.   

God isn't in a rush with us. With tenderness He has woven our life with intricate love and detail. Talk about attention to detail. He is the Master Designer. There isn't anything that goes unnoticed by our God. Big or small, He is in everything. 

This morning as I was out taking care of our Redbone, Gunner, I noticed this precious flower, yet to bloom. Still early in the morn, the sun hadn't quite awakened it yet. The blossoms were just beginning to open. Isn't it glorious how God grabs our attention? I could have easily rushed past to carry on with my other chores of the day. But I made the choice to stop. The Son was awakening my soul to His glory. It was as if I could hear my Savior, "Daughter, slow down. Take notice. I'm in full bloom."

Don't you know His glory comes in all sizes and shapes? Through blessing and trial, He is forever showing His glory. His creation speaks His name. His people are His vessels. He moves throughout our day wanting us to take notice. Everything before us is unfolding beauty. He is the Creator who makes beauty from ash. 

Take notice today. What's unfolding before you? It may not look like much yet. Give it time. Praise God in the small blessing, and in the trial that seems titanic size. When what He has for you has fully blossomed you will see the unexpected. Discover the beauty as He graciously unfolds it before you today. 

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and courageous. Wait for the Lord." 
Psalm 28:14

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky proclaims the work of His hands."
Psalm 19:1

"We all, with unveiled faces, are looking as in a mirror at the glory of the Lord and are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory; this is from the Lord who is the Spirit."
2 Corinthians 3:18




AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...