Skip to main content

Can You See My Love For Him?

A few days ago a friend gave me a sweet comment. He was encouraged by how much I share my love for my husband. I must tell you that sent my heart soaring. I do love my husband. Each day brings new love. Amazing how love can continue to grow, isn't it? 

I had been sharing the blessings of my husband's new job and how over the top excited I am to have him home each night with me. Love sharing coffee at 4am and making him dinner. I actually get to meet him at the door each night. What a blessing! I am that girl that loves spending time with my husband. I too love sharing all the wonderfully sweet things he does for me. 

There's something else I'm enjoying about those early mornings. I am making the choice to open up the Word, my studies, and soak in Jesus. I can tell you that this week is growing a sweet time. The moon and stars are still bright as I say goodbye to my husband. I turn my light on next to my bedside and open the pages of my Bible. As I drink in that first warm cup of energy, my heart is ready to drink in all God has for me. 

So, as I was in the Word in those early morning hours after my husband had left for work, my heart was moved by the Spirit. "Did I share with the world around me just how much I love Jesus?" More importantly, "Does everyone know I love my Jesus?" As my heart was stirred I had to say, "Yes, Lord, I share You with everyone". But, that isn't video that was rolling before me. You know how this goes. Conviction happens and heart sees the actions of the previous week. I didn't just see beauty. I was seeing more than I wanted to. Ugly. Negative. Need I go on? Have you been there with me? We proclaim to share the love of Jesus. We feel that the world must know how much we love Him. But is that really what our life is saying? As much as I love sharing my love for my husband, shouldn't my desire to show my love for my Savior be even greater? 

All the years of my Christian life I have been taught to ask others, "Do you know Jesus as your Savior?" How can I ask that question to others if my own life isn't the example of His love? Isn't a life that shows the love of Christ the very picture of a living testimony? This is where the Spirit was leading me. Shouldn't my life be showing others who Jesus is? My words and actions have to equalize. I can't just be all about words and no action. I too cannot be all action without the words. 

In witnessing my love for Jesus, instead of asking another, "Do you know Jesus as your Savior?", the Spirit was leading me to instead now ask, "Do you know how much I love Jesus?" If I begin that conversation with all Jesus is to me, that turns it around and allows me to share who Jesus is in my life. It makes it personal and allows the other person to see that my intention isn't to condemn, but to share a part of my heart. In sharing my convictions, it creates an atmosphere that isn't condemning, but warm and inviting. This was something new for me to consider. We must move when the Spirit asks us to move. He gives the opening. He prepares the heart ahead of time. We are seed-planters. We are His vessels. 

No matter where or what I'm doing, every situation gives room to share my love of Jesus. Isn't that amazing? There isn't one circumstance where I cannot share some aspect of Jesus. Whether it's where I get my strength, my peace, my comfort, my purpose, my attitude, everything points to Jesus. My life doesn't have to be a perfect picture. I fail and stumble each day. Yes, I too can share Jesus in those moments of clarity that the Spirit makes possible. I can share Jesus in my conviction, in my needed forgiveness, the grace given to me each day, the mercies that appear when I'm in deep. To share Jesus is sharing our lives. It's being real. Transparent for others to see that with Jesus my life is different.

How sweet to share the love of Jesus! There's nothing more valuable to share. No conversation more important than sharing Jesus. If He's in my heart, He's in my life, and He's up to something good. Now, that's a conversation worth having. 

"Little children, we must not love with word or speech, but with truth and action."
1 John 3:18

"In the same way faith, if it doesn't have works, is dead by itself." 
James 2:17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One True Love of Alice-Ann by Eva Marie Everson

Oh, just where do I begin? This is the stuff in which great novels are made. I made my way through this richly beautiful novel turning page after page with such deep emotion and thought. I couldn't turn the pages quick enough, but I didn't want it to end to soon. It's one of those novels you could continue reading as long as there were pages. No page just made of fluff, words with no meaning on the page. Every single line in this novel created a story that will last in my heart forever. 
Ms. Everson, I am so happy stories of the war were shared with you. Oh, to have your Sunday school teacher share with you, "You can't choose who you fall in love with, but you can choose who you marry", is a blessing that has now enchanted your readers. What a story you have weaved together. History penned with such depth, detail, and a story that captures the heart. 
This lovely story begins in 1941. The war has started. Picture a family gathered around the Zenith to hear t…

The" I Am" Makes Us Think About What "i am"

In Genesis 1:26-27 it shares something valuable to each of us about who we are in God. We are created in His image. What I love about this verse below is that is says, "make man in OUR image". What's OUR? The trinity, God, the Holy Spirit, and Christ Jesus. Ponder that. I mean really go deep. We are make in THEIR image. 
"Then God said, "Let US make man in OUR image, according to OUR likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth. So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him, male and female He created them."
We are His workmanship. He knew us before we were ever born. He weaved us together within the womb, but even before then He planned our life perfectly for us. That's so much to ponder isn't it? 
"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared…

The Glassblower by Petra Durst-Benning

I came across this selection on Amazon. I had seen so many reviews that it intrigued me. I had never read anything from this German author. The cover caught my attention as did the description of this novel. 
It's a part of a trilogy. I am getting ready to open up book 2, The American Lady. I cannot wait to begin. I tell you this book marveled me. I wasn't quite sure what to expect. What a journey into another time and place. 
We travel to Germany where this novel is set. The year is 1890 and we find ourselves in Lauscha, Germany. The author did a fantastic job at the perfect description of not only the area, but circumstance, and heart of the characters. Her writing style flows so easily that the pages almost turn themselves. 
The characters are easy to love. Three sisters who are now wondering, after their father had passed from this earth,  how they will now provide for themselves. It isn't going to be easy, but these sisters show us how to prevail over challenges that…

The Illusionist's Apprentice by Kristy Cambron

I want to begin this review sharing two reviews I was blessed to do. The Butterfly and The Violinand A Sparrow in Terezin. For me these two novels were masterpieces. Works of such exquisite beauty. They showed that Kristy Cambron is gifted with the pen, a master storyteller. They remain two of my all-time top favorites. 
It was for this reason I was thrilled to be receiving a copy of The Illusionist's Apprentice. Once again Cambron shows us a masterpiece of bringing a story to readers that speaks of faith and our Lord. Although throughout the novel these aspects are not boldly proclaimed, but are masterfully weaved throughout the story. 
Magic and illusion are not the same. I love how she brings this truth. Love that the main character was an apprentice to the master of illusion. She takes the use of being an apprentice and walks that road with integrity and hope. When we choose to walk with Christ we are His apprentices. We are to walk as the main character, Wren Lockhart walked…

Unexpected Blessings

The last words my dad spoke to me from his hospital bed were, "Rob, take care of your mom." Those are words I have never forgotten. I have not only honored them for my dad, but for my mom. I too am commanded by my Father to honor my mother and father.
"Honor your father and mother so that you may have a long life in the land that the Lord your God is giving you." Exodus 20:12
My mom gave her life in caring for me. On my first birthday, my very first Christmas, was spent in the ICU as I was very sick with pneumonia. A little later I would burn myself with spilled coffee. A few years later I would tumble down many stairs and once again spent time in the hospital. 
I remember all the times I was sick and could feel my mom's hand brush against my forehead as she checked for fever. All the times she must have stayed up all night as I was sick. 
When I was little she would pour me a bowl of Raisin Bran. I loved it. Only I didn't like the raisins. She would take t…