Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Can You See My Love For Him?

A few days ago a friend gave me a sweet comment. He was encouraged by how much I share my love for my husband. I must tell you that sent my heart soaring. I do love my husband. Each day brings new love. Amazing how love can continue to grow, isn't it? 

I had been sharing the blessings of my husband's new job and how over the top excited I am to have him home each night with me. Love sharing coffee at 4am and making him dinner. I actually get to meet him at the door each night. What a blessing! I am that girl that loves spending time with my husband. I too love sharing all the wonderfully sweet things he does for me. 

There's something else I'm enjoying about those early mornings. I am making the choice to open up the Word, my studies, and soak in Jesus. I can tell you that this week is growing a sweet time. The moon and stars are still bright as I say goodbye to my husband. I turn my light on next to my bedside and open the pages of my Bible. As I drink in that first warm cup of energy, my heart is ready to drink in all God has for me. 

So, as I was in the Word in those early morning hours after my husband had left for work, my heart was moved by the Spirit. "Did I share with the world around me just how much I love Jesus?" More importantly, "Does everyone know I love my Jesus?" As my heart was stirred I had to say, "Yes, Lord, I share You with everyone". But, that isn't video that was rolling before me. You know how this goes. Conviction happens and heart sees the actions of the previous week. I didn't just see beauty. I was seeing more than I wanted to. Ugly. Negative. Need I go on? Have you been there with me? We proclaim to share the love of Jesus. We feel that the world must know how much we love Him. But is that really what our life is saying? As much as I love sharing my love for my husband, shouldn't my desire to show my love for my Savior be even greater? 

All the years of my Christian life I have been taught to ask others, "Do you know Jesus as your Savior?" How can I ask that question to others if my own life isn't the example of His love? Isn't a life that shows the love of Christ the very picture of a living testimony? This is where the Spirit was leading me. Shouldn't my life be showing others who Jesus is? My words and actions have to equalize. I can't just be all about words and no action. I too cannot be all action without the words. 

In witnessing my love for Jesus, instead of asking another, "Do you know Jesus as your Savior?", the Spirit was leading me to instead now ask, "Do you know how much I love Jesus?" If I begin that conversation with all Jesus is to me, that turns it around and allows me to share who Jesus is in my life. It makes it personal and allows the other person to see that my intention isn't to condemn, but to share a part of my heart. In sharing my convictions, it creates an atmosphere that isn't condemning, but warm and inviting. This was something new for me to consider. We must move when the Spirit asks us to move. He gives the opening. He prepares the heart ahead of time. We are seed-planters. We are His vessels. 

No matter where or what I'm doing, every situation gives room to share my love of Jesus. Isn't that amazing? There isn't one circumstance where I cannot share some aspect of Jesus. Whether it's where I get my strength, my peace, my comfort, my purpose, my attitude, everything points to Jesus. My life doesn't have to be a perfect picture. I fail and stumble each day. Yes, I too can share Jesus in those moments of clarity that the Spirit makes possible. I can share Jesus in my conviction, in my needed forgiveness, the grace given to me each day, the mercies that appear when I'm in deep. To share Jesus is sharing our lives. It's being real. Transparent for others to see that with Jesus my life is different.

How sweet to share the love of Jesus! There's nothing more valuable to share. No conversation more important than sharing Jesus. If He's in my heart, He's in my life, and He's up to something good. Now, that's a conversation worth having. 

"Little children, we must not love with word or speech, but with truth and action."
1 John 3:18

"In the same way faith, if it doesn't have works, is dead by itself." 
James 2:17

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...