Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Book of Revelation Made Clear by Tim LaHaye and Timothy E. Parker

I was excited to receive, "The Book of Revelation Made Clear". I am a huge fan of Tim LaHaye. Now, when I seen the cover I was immediately intrigued. The Book of Revelation is one of those books many skip. They think it's too difficult to read. That is one reason I chose this selection. I wanted to share with my readers a great find in studying the Book of Revelation. I had no idea that Timothy E. Parker created the Sudoko puzzles. 

First the good news. I really enjoyed this book! I made my way through it pretty quickly. It was easy to understand. I do love how the book flows. It takes each scripture verse from Revelation and breaks it down. First we are given a pre-quiz. Usually three questions to just see how much we do know. Then we are given the scripture. Next is the explanation of the verse. It ends with the answers to the quiz. Sounds easy, right? It is. This is a great tool for those studying the Book of Revelation. The book is illuminated. It doesn't give too much information.  I LOVE this!! Too much information makes me lazy in study, but just enough information to explain then gives room for the Spirit to move. I love digging deeper and this is a great gem for just that! 

This book could easily be used in a Sunday school class or a small setting. For me, I moved through it quickly and will now take my time with my Bible open to really dig deep into the Word. I think it's great for all ages. This is a great gift whether you have read the Bible many times or you are a new Christian. 

Now, for my let down. In bold blackened print on the cover it says, "Includes 77 Master Quizzes". I was super excited about this!! I'm a huge puzzle and quiz lover. Well, there are no puzzles and the quizzes are just the pre-quizzes. I'm not sure what I expected, but I know I expected more in this area. 

One of my favorite sections is found in the back of the book. The names of God are shared with the scripture addresses to find just where they are located. This is a tool I can use daily. I can read one of the names of God, search it and meditate upon it throughout the day. 

I really did enjoy this book. Any tool that I can use that brings me closer to understanding the Word of God is a great gift. Here in these pages we are given information on what the Word says and what the Word means. These two brilliant men offer us a gem of information that if used correctly will only lead the reader to open the Word of God more. 

This book was a gift from Thomas Nelson for sharing my review with you. 

Tim LaHaye Dr. Tim LaHaye is president of Tim LaHaye Ministries and founder of the Pre Trib Research Center. He has written more than sixty non-fiction books. Dr. LaHaye holds a D.Min. degree from Western Theological Seminary and the Doctor of Literature degree from Liberty University. He and his wife, Beverly, have been married more than sixty-five years.

Timothy E. Parker Puzzle master Timothy E. Parker is Senior Crossword Puzzle Editor of USA Today Crosswords and the “World’s Most Syndicated Puzzle Compiler,” according to Guinness World Records. Parker is the founder of the television show Bible Brilliant and constructs crosswords, word searches, anagrams, cryptograms, mazes, column raises, slide-n-solves, the Japanese games Sudoku and Kakuro, hangman, and a mass array of trivia and original games. 

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...