Monday, May 19, 2014

Spirit Bridge by James L. Rubart

Wow! What a conclusion to an extraordinary series! I am so over the top excited about this book I don't know where to begin. Yes, I love everything about this series. I love the title of the series, A Well Spring Novel, and the titles of each of the books, Soul's Gate, and Memory's Door. The cover is fascinating!

This book is exhilarating. It is an unputdownable for sure. I wish I could have traveled to another realm so I could have just ignored all sense of time and read this book in one sitting. Oh, I have some favorites, but James L. Rubart is one of those writers you simply marvel at. A masterpiece!

I loved the first two books, but this third just may be my favorite. Maybe just because it was the perfect time for me to read it. Here's the message. God's Word is living and breathing! Everything is possible when we die to ourselves and allow God room in our life to do His thing. But here's the kicker, we must continue to die to ourselves daily. This isn't a one time thing. Satan is going to throw everything in his power at us, but as we remain focused on Christ, living in His will, there is nothing that Satan can do to distract us. He will try, just he does with the Warriors Riding. They are not immune to attack. No, in fact, they are being attacked on a daily basis because they are walking in the power of the Spirit!

The story line is AMAZING. Rubart allows us to truly know each character. I feel that I have traveled with this group. I must say that I was sad to see them go. The writing flows. Rubart is gifted in storytelling. He brings the reader to the edge of their seat. He allows the reader to wonder and he brings the imagination alive. There is so much to take away from this series. I can tell you without a doubt I walk away being more aware of my surroundings and more in love with the Word than ever before. I realize the power of the Word is useful for us on a moment to moment basis.

Okay, traveling in other realms is fascinating and fiction, but going into the soul of another? I have seen a few reviews where people have said this is impossible. Let's remember we are reading fiction. Although entering another's soul may be impossible for us, but not for God. We can intercede for others through prayer. Prayer is powerful. This is why I love James L. Rubart's novels. He opens the mind and brings us to a new place. A new realm if you will allow.

Oh, the characters! In this book I am connecting with all of them on some level or another. The new characters Miyo and Simon help us realize that in God's plan we each have our gifts and as we come together, those gifts work with the gifts of others to complete His amazing purpose and plan. From Miyo we learn that age doesn't matter. In our christian walk it doesn't matter if we are eighty and have walked with the Lord since we can remember or we are seventeen and have known Him for two years. God moves through each of us and the closer we are to Him the more we truly understand of His Word.

Simon is in a battle. He has given His life to Christ. He has done wondrous things for the Lord, but Satan is more aware of him than ever before. Zennon and the other demons have battles of their own. They all want the highest power. They all want control. As we see, they only have as much as God allows. That's not always easy to understand, and in this novel we see that a few of the characters are struggling with that. More than ever before we see the characters grow and come together. But through this growth, Satan, tries with all his might to tear them apart and bring separation.

Spirit Bridge is life changing. This is one astounding series. I would suggest that you read them in order. If you don't you will miss out on valuable pieces. Get ready as you open these pages. Because, friends, you are in for a ride of a lifetime!

Check out my reviews for Soul's Gate and Memory's Door


This book was a gift from Thomas Nelson for sharing my review with you. 

James L. Rubart is a Professional Marketer and speaker. He is the author of the best-selling novel Rooms as well as Book of Days, The Chair, Soul's Gate, and Memory's Door. He lives with his wife and sons in the Pacific Northwest.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...