Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Storm Inside by Sheila Walsh

Upon receiving this book I put all others down and opened it and didn't stop reading until I was finished. I devoured this book. To myself I kept repeating, "Oh, this is good. This is good. This is so good". I had to grab a highlighter. I had to make notes. It was as if this book was written for me. I immediately texted a friend and said, "Girl, of all the books I have encouraged you to grab up, this one is for you." Yes, it's one to share. It's one to purchase for every person you love. 

I have been blessed to hear Sheila Walsh speak. I have read most of her books. I must tell you, by far, and her books are all amazing, this one exceeds all the others. Maybe it is because it is a book every single person can relate to. If you haven't been in a storm, you will be. Maybe your in a storm right now. Life will never be perfect. It is an absolute that storms will touch our lives. The key is in how we respond. 

Sheila is transparent. She shares that it's okay to open up and share everything with God. Our good times and most of all our disappointments. She shares with us ten feelings that can become overwhelming burdens: Heartache, Disappointment, Fear, Bitterness, Unforgiveness, Anger, Regret, Abandonment, Shame, and Insecurity. From these ten feelings we enter on a journey together to healing. Scripture is everywhere in this book. Sheila opens our eyes to the truth that we are loved. She shares story after story from women that have shared with her. Sheila brings to light many stories from the Bible that help us to see God is always in the picture. 

Amazingly, when I read these beautifully penned pages I hear the sweet sound of Sheila's voice. She doesn't write in preacher mode. She is the girl next door who is encouraging and inspiring and real. She is that big sister we love and admire. Not because of her greatness, but because of her pure love for Jesus and the fact that she shares her own life struggles and how she has overcome. 

Friends, I can say without a doubt, this book is one you too will devour. I loved this book. How is it different from others? It's Sheila. She doesn't just open up and share. She doesn't claim to know all the answers. But what she does do is point us to Jesus through every word shared. 

This book was a gift from Thomas Nelson for sharing my review with you. 


AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...