Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Shadows of The Past by Patricia Bradley

How awesome to read an author's debut novel! First just let me share with you that Patricia Bradley is an author to be on the lookout for. This being her first novel, I cannot wait to see what is next for this new author. We can catch the next installment of the Logan Point Series, entitled, "A Promise to Protect", in the fall of 2014. 

After reading the words, Death unfolds like a budding flower, tentatively, sweetly. Unfurling in majestic power. Until then, my love...until then, I knew I was in store for a fantastic ride. And the author didn't disappoint. She held my attention throughout the story. As the story progressed it grew more entertaining. The suspense was terrific and kept me turning pages into the night. 

The romance was sweet too. It was slow moving. Building always without fizzing out. The characters are those we can relate to. Characters that grew with the story. The two main characters both carry a past they are not over my any sort of imagination. Those shadows are always present keeping them from truly moving forward to finding solace. 

I truly enjoyed this read. It was a quick read. With the story continually moving at a steady pace I was always in anticipation for what was coming next. If you love suspense and romance this is a great selection! 

This book was a gift from Revell for sharing my review with you. 

Patricia Bradley's manuscript for Shadows of the Past was a finalist for the 2012 Genesis Award, winner of a 2012 Daphne du Maurier award (1st place, Inspirational), and winner of a 2012 Touched by Love award (1st place, Contemporary). She is a published short story writer and is cofounder of Aiming for Healthy Families, Inc. When she's not writing or speaking, she can be found making beautiful clay pots and jewelry. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers and Romance Writers of America and makes her home in Mississippi. Learn more at www.ptbradley.com.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...