Monday, August 26, 2013

Wash Me In Your Peace, Lord

It's Monday and my heart is heavy. I'm not sure why, but I am building a fear deep within. It's not that things are bad. Maybe that's it. It's that things are wonderful. Wonderful in every way and I am waiting for it all to fall out from under me. Have you ever had those fears encapsulate you? At night I dream in fear. I'm just waiting for something to happen that shakes me to the core. 

Is this Satan's trap? Is he trying to steal away my joy? I wonder what it will be and when it will happen. "Lord, will I still believe? Will I still seek You with all my heart?" Yes, it's these very words that chill me to the bone. I don't want to have doubt. I don't want to live with fear. 

Turn on the news and in every corner of the world tragedy is happening. I want to hear more, but yet I want to turn the television off. The more I hear the more fear that knocks me in the gut. Is the end coming quickly? Am I prepared? The tears I see and the stories I hear break my heart. What are we to do? We can't just sit back and do nothing. We must act. Oh Jesus, we must pray. 

This is what my heart is calling me to do. Pray and pray without ceasing. Could these fears be real? Could the Lord be calling me to prayer? It is only in prayer that I find peace. 

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs it down, but a good word cheers it up." Proverbs 12:25

In seeking the Word this is the verse I was called to. There is no faith found in fear. Faith isn't built on fear, but on trust. If I allow fear and anxiety to fill me where is the room for Jesus and His promises? So, I repeat His promises and as I do it cancels out each fear. 

"I believe, Lord. I believe and trust in You. No matter what is to come help me continue in faith and walk this journey believing in You." These words do not come easy. They take effort and determination. I must surrender all. My heart. My actions. My thoughts. With surrender comes trust. With trust faith grows. 

So, I pray. I pray for my husband. I pray for my children. I pray for my grandchildren. My family. My friends. I allow the Lord to saturate my prayer list with names I have yet to meet. These are people I am connected to through Christ. 

"The Lord is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life-of whom should I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

"Jesus is either in control or He isn't. God is bigger than my biggest fear or He isn't." Yes, these are words that my heart needs to hear. How can I praise God for the good if I too can not praise Him for all? I must be honest. I don't understand everything that is happening. But I know. Yes, I know. There is nothing that happens that first does not go through the hand of God. I know these fears are real. They have become chain mail heavy. I can't step without thinking of my fears. I wear them like a cloak. I want to shake them off and dance in a new joy, but they remain. Have you too felt these fears? 

I don't want them. I don't want to live with fear. I want to live in freedom. The kind of freedom only found in Jesus. Won't you join me? Let us replace our fears with great thanksgiving. Learning to trust Jesus is learning that I can't control what is to happen tomorrow. It's opening up my hand and giving Him EVERYTHING. This is the only way to finding freedom in Jesus. This is the only way to living joy. 

"But whoever listens to me will live securely and be free from danger." Proverbs 1:33

We place a false security in the things of this world. In the people of this world. It is in Jesus that we find security. "Oh, sweet Jesus, help us see. Help us to trust You beyond our vision and fear."

Sweet Jesus, yes, today I am putting my hope in You. I am laying it all at Your feet, Lord. Take all this anxiety and fear and replace it with a calm serenity in knowing You are the Lord of lord, King of kings and You, Almighty God are in total control. Wash me in Your peace. May Your light shine upon me and warm my heart. As I pick up a fear today remind me of Your strength and mighty power. Cleanse me of this world and fill me with Your heavenly purpose. Grace and mercy be upon us, Lord. Forgive us and guide us into what is to come with faith. Help us to trust You when we are faced with all kinds of fear. Lord, hear our prayers. Hear my prayer, sweet Jesus. Intercede for us and take our fears captive. Shine Your heavenly calm upon us today, Lord. 

"Rejoice! Let your graciousness be known to everyone. The Lord is near. Don't worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:4-7

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...