Friday, February 1, 2013

There's Room For More

I'm waking today to a brilliantly shinning sun. I walk out to fill the bird feeders. I take care of Gunner, our bloodhound, and take Daisy for her morning walk. I feel energized as the cool air hits my cheeks. I know that they are turning red from the cold, but it feels so wonderful. I breathe in and simply share with the Lord, "It feels good to be alive today".

I look up to the heavens and ponder all today holds. Yes, the Lord knows what will come in the next hour and how my day will come to a close. He is all knowing. I like it that way. That makes me feel secure and it brings comfort to this girl who is forever wondering, what next.

It's one of those days I get to spend with my husband. We have our coffee and watch Andy Griffith. Don't you just love that show and all it gives to the heart? I open my Bible and turn the pages. I take a few moments and breathe in the words of my devotional.

I come across the verse, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. There is reserved for me in the future the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on that day, and not only to me, but to all those who have loved His appearing." 2 Timothy 4:7-8

I close my eyes and I picture this day. The day where my Savior gives me a crown. A crown filled with jewels. One that I will return to Him and lay at His feet. Oh, what a glorious day! I am imagining what this day could hold. Then a question comes to mind. To heart, I should say. Just what if Jesus has a crown for me that could hold fifty jewels? Fifty breathtaking jewels, but all my crown holds is five. There is room for more. But in the time that He has given me. In the work that He has created me for, I regretfully look back at this time and realize that there was so much more I could have done. This thought breaks my heart.

Could it be that at this time we will be able to see all that Jesus held for us here on this side of heaven? Will be see how we lived our mundane lives day after day, passing by the opportunities He so wanted us to see and capture? I'm not sure about that, but what I am sure of is that I don't want that video played in front of me. I want to make the choice to unwrap His gifts. I want to see with His vision. I want to live a child like faith filled with wonder. Don't you?

I can't tell you how many times I wake up and just get busy. I look at my list and begin the quest of checking off each to-do. I'm going about that all wrong. Before I get to "My" list, I need to seek my Lord and see what He has planned for me today. What if I gave more time to Him? Just think of the possibilities. What if I listened more intently for the Holy Spirit? I mean, really, what if I just simply opened up my life for all that Jesus has for me?

I don't want to miss out on anything He has for me. I want to serve Him willingly. I want to give all of myself to Him. I don't want to stand before Him on the day He gives me a crown and it doesn't hold all of the blessings that it could.

"Not that I have already reached the goal or am already fully mature, but I make every effort to take hold of it because I also have been hold of by Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:12

I want to live determined. I want to seek my purpose. I don't want to live with excuse, but I want to see every opportunity Jesus places before me and gladly take on the mission at hand. I want to encourage and inspire. I want my life to be His. I want to seize the day with all that it holds.

Goodness, do you know how much time we waste? We hear the Holy Spirit call and we quench it. We turn either in fear and doubt or just in plain old selfishness. We are busy with what we want to be busy with. Plain and simple. For me, it's time to change that. I want every minute to count. Even if it's a time of rest. I want to rest because I have been busy doing what the Lord has set before me. Whether I'm doing the dishes or the laundry, I want to do it as if I'm doing it for the Lord. With that kind of attitude, nothing can hold us back. We do our chores with joy. We have a giddy up in our step. Jesus changes everything!

Think of it. He has already equipped us with everything we need. There is nothing to hold us back from experiencing everything God has for us. We each have different gifts. He has uniquely created each of us to work together for His glory. Look at what could happen if we all got busy in His work! As one comes along and gives his portion, another comes along and adds to the blessing. We were created for a purpose higher than what we could ever imagine. When the Lord sets a task before us we are to be eager to accomplish it. Not for ourselves, but for the Lord. We should make every effort, taking hold of every offering. Opening our hands and hearts, setting before this world a life of service in the Lord, so they may take hold of the glory of God.

It may be something as simple as sending a card to a friend, making a meal for a family in need, or just giving a rose to that friend who inspires you. I think for the most part, I just need to live love. I need to not only say I love my neighbor, but I need to show it. I need to express the love of Christ through every action and word. I need to get busy in the Lord. Friends, it's whatever the Lord is calling us to do. Lets take this day He has given us and make the best of it.

Lord, open my heart up to all You have for me today. Open my eyes to all You wish me to see. Open my ears to the Holy Spirit's calling. May I look past myself and see a world in need. A world in need of a Savior. Take my life, Lord and use it up. May Your grace and mercy abound from my walk. May my path be direct and full of purpose. Never wasting a  moment. Thank You, Lord, for today. May my actions and words bring beauty and glory to Your holy name. Amen



AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...