Friday, July 20, 2012

Give Some Morning Praise

This morning I woke with the beginnings of a migraine. Something I dread to see coming my way. Especially when I have great things planned for the day.

I get up with a hurried attitude. Trying to get the coffee made, I realize Daisy is waiting on me to take her outside. As I am getting to the door I see a few things that need attention. Shoes put away. Dishes need to go out of the dishwasher and back into the cabinets. You get the picture. All the time Daisy is looking at me like, "Are you kidding me?"

I venture outdoors with Daisy and the fresh breeze hits my face. Something I wasn't expecting. I was assuming it was already HOT. I think to myself, thank You, Lord. My eyes move to catch a glance of bunnies in the garden. They are just taking their time, nibbling on the greenery. Then I see something move off to the side. It's a little Chipmonk Squirrel. She is just darting from one place to the next as if she is happy as a bee with the morning sun shining down upon her. I stop to watch with wide eyes and what do I hear, but turtle doves singing, good morning.

I just stopped and breathed in the beauty around me. It was as if God's critters where saying, "Hey, slow down and you can enjoy it too". That is exactly what I did with Daisy at my side. I completely stopped and basked in God's glory.

I didn't need to wake in a rush. Those chores will still be there waiting on me. Sometimes that is exactly what needs to be done. Everything needs to wait until we have had our time with the Lord. He makes everything brighter. He washes a peace over us. He places a song in our heart and a skip in our step.

As you begin your day, don't lose track of the beauty before your eyes. Don't allow the hurried issues of life get you down. Back up. Breathe. Enjoy the moment. Start the day by giving the Lord praise.

"Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again-rejoice!"
Philippians 4:4

Dear Heavenly Father, forgive me for rushing with my eyes closed. Forgive me when I find myself so busy and so hurried that I forget to stop and take in all of Your glory. I praise You for this glorious morning and for reminding me to slow down and enjoy. 

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...