Monday, June 11, 2012

Seek Him and Find Sweet Rest

"Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's." Psalm 103:2-5

As I ready for bed tonight I am reminded of this verse. I am reminded to spend time with the Lord in prayer before I close my eyes. Maybe I will even sit in my rocker and look out at the stars and claim witness to His glory.
 
We forget so easily. We become tired and weary. We need rest. Our eyes need to close, but not before we seek the Lord. In seeking Him we find true and complete peace. A peace that surpasses all understanding. I must be honest and say, there is so very much I do not understand. Even though I can find joy, there is much that saddens my heart.
 
I tend to have the opinion that I can do it on my own. God quickly reminds me how much I do need Him. The road ahead is not always paved smooth, but with the Lord, those bumps don't seem so bad. He can steer us away from those pot holes, if we only give Him the wheel. Oh, I'm even a back seat driver. I know, I am a mess. A mess in need of quiet time with my Savior.
 
Our days can seem almost as if they all rush together in a blur. If we blink we are going to miss something. I seem to go at things backwards. It's not how quickly we move that gets us through the day. It's how often we slow down to remember our purpose isn't always to zoom ahead, but to slow down long enough to find joy in the moment. If only I could just slow down and trust. No matter how fast or slow we move we still blink the same. Ponder that for a minute. Everything in God's perfect timing. As long as our eye is upon Him we aren't going to miss a thing.
 
Don't go to bed tonight in worry. Don't allow the stress to keep you tossing and turning. Pull up that cover and tuck in your toes. Find that cool side of the pillow and rest, sweet friend. God has got your back. He watches over us in the night just as He does throughout the day.
 
Open your hands and lay it all at the foot of the cross tonight. Spill all from your pockets and He will fill your heart. All those things that need fix'in, just take a step back and give the Lord room to do His work. Leave it all at the cross tonight my friend and in the morn it will be a new day to rise and give praise for the Lord God is good. 

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...