Wednesday, June 13, 2012

God's Snug Buckle

Yesterday while shopping with my grand daughter, I hear the words, "I'm stuck!" To her precious mind, she was stuck. Right there in the cart with that snug belt around her, holding her in tight. To her, she wanted to be able to reach for everything she wanted. She wanted to touch all in sight. She wanted to stand and teeter in the seat.

She wasn't crying. She wasn't throwing a temper tantrum. She was just letting me know, I'm stuck! She would wiggle, trying to free herself. She even tugged on the belt holding her in her seat. She just wanted more than anything to be free from that buckle. A buckle she couldn't figure out how to unfasten. Oh, she tried with all her might, and I might add she didn't give up until she was finally free and in Nanny's arms, as I was putting her in the truck to hold her new baby.

Ever feel stuck, yourself? I know I do. There are times I just want to reach beyond my measure. I wanna tug at something new. I want to grab for what I wish to have. But at some point in life, we realize, that snug buckle, is there for our protection. Isn't it really the, snug love of God?

Sure, when we surrender ALL to Him, we find freedom. But God still has His mighty arms around us. He builds that hedge of protection around us. He wants us to stay within His boundaries and He wants to have direction over our lives. He knows what is best for us and sometimes what is best is simply saying, "No daughter". When we remain under His snug love, we don't have to reach. We don't have to teeter in the seat with fear of falling. He will bless us for our obedience.

Many times when we feel stuck it's because we feel we are not moving forward. But have you ever thought that just maybe, in being stuck, we are really called to be still? There is a difference. Peyton wasn't stuck. She was buckled in so she could be still. It was a guard for her so she wouldn't fall. So no harm would come to her.

She doesn't always understand when Nanny must say no, but one day when she is older, she will realize just as I do with my Savior, that sometimes no is the best answer I could have been given.

"Those who fear the Lord are secure; He will be a refuge for their children."
Proverbs 14:26

"To learn, you must love discipline; It is stupid to hate correction."
Proverbs 12:1

"Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life."
Proverbs 4:23

"He guards the paths of the just and protects those who are faithful to Him. Then you will understand what is right, just and fair, and you will find the right way to go. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will fill you with joy. Wise choices will watch over you. Understanding will keep you safe."
Proverbs 2:8-11

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...