Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Best View In The House

A few months ago my husband and I looked at a house on the market. I fell in love with this home as soon as we pulled in the drive way and parked. After going inside, some how I was directed to the windows. It was something I really had never done before. Usually I am searching for closet space and cabinets, but something was different. The view.

I walked to each and every window of this home and found the view was spectacular. It was more than spectacular. Breathtaking is more like it. The view was different from each window. You may be saying, "Well, of course it is." But this was a total different view from each window. From one you could see a tree swing. Another you could see a lovely bench parked between two perfect trees. From another you got a wide lens view of the lake. Again and again I was completely captivated at the view I was seeing.

Do you know what I was thinking? Oh my goodness, what a lovely place to write and spend the evenings with my husband underneath the shade and comfort of a big oak. It wasn't the carpets or the door frames. It wasn't even the size of the kitchen. My heart was looking for something totally different. This was a place of peace that I could grow old in with my husband.

As it turns out we didn't purchase the house. Something told us no and a month later my husband was once again laid off. That quiet voice we heard, was the Lord speaking, loud and clear. He knew what was about to be and He was protecting His children. Praise the Lord for my obedient husband. I wasn't so much listening to the voice as I was seeing the view.

A few nights ago I realized something. I have a view right here at the side of my bed that can take me to new depths as the gates of heaven open up. Yes, that perfect view can't really be found outside a window. It can be found by closing my eyes and kneeling beside my bed.

Some how I had lost that view. It was almost like I had misplaced it and was in search of it once again. Why did I go searching when it was here all along? With me on my knees I find myself closer to the Lord. It's me surrendering all to Him. It's me opening up and it's Him moving me beneath His protective hand. It's Him opening my eyes to blessings I have never imagined. It's Him showing me new things about myself. In kneeling with Him I find that this time with Him is more precious because I am allowing all other things to out of mind as I open my heart to all He has. There is nothing sweeter than being washed in the grace of the Lord and being the recipient of His mercies.

We can rise from time being spent with Him with a new vision like never before. With His inspiration we can travel anywhere and see that perfect view. Funny, how the windows of heaven give us even more than our eyes can see here. Somehow our vision is made more clear.

When our heart is seeking God, we don't  need a window.

"That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don't look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever."
2 Corinthians 4:16-18

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...