Saturday, April 7, 2012

Seriously God? (I'm Doing Everything I Know To Do and It's Not Working) by Jenny Smith

I love when the Lord sends a book to me just when I need it. Nothing like His perfect timing, right? The cover of this book speaks volumes!! Dirty boots, soil, a bucket of withered plants, but as these feet take one step forward there is growth and hope! 

Now, before I go on, I just gotta ask, "Where did those boots come from?" This girl has got to find a pair of those. Gorgeous!! lol Oh right, now on to my review.

When this book arrived I happened to be getting ready to go through a week I was not prepared for. Ah, but God knew. He knew the sickness that would come before me. Laying in bed and not much to do, surrounded by books, I chose to read, Jenny's first. So glad I did.

Simply beautiful. Although I have never met Jenny in person, I felt her beautiful heart. A heart of a woman after the passion God has stored in her soul. She penned words that soaked up grace and washed me in mercy as my soul filled with power and healing.

Jenny shares her own trials of her husband being unemployed. Something I know a little about after my husband was laid off for three years before finding employment. But Jenny, didn't stop there. She opened up about the struggles that caught them by surprise, but even more beautiful to me, she shared the metamorphosis that happened.

She takes us through a great journey of the, "I Am", and wow, what a journey is it. I learned great and new things. My eyes were opened to a new perspective as I was now seeing God before me in a whole new way.

  • I am the Bread of Life
  • I am the Light of the Word
  • I am the Gate for the sheep
  • I am the Good Shepherd
  • I am the Resurrection and the Life
  • I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life
  • I am the True Vine
I loved the stories of Peter. I can so relate to him. I learned where Jesus shared that He was the Light of the World, under pillars of light, casting out all darkness. Sheer beauty.

So many times we think we are doing everything right, but nothing is working as we think it should. Friends, God is still present. He is moving and He is growing you into the child of God, He created you to be.

I will add this to my Top 10 list of books, which will now be my Top 11! Really, great book and great journey. A walk through faith and an open door to a beautiful woman of God who shares her journey in Christ with us.

This book was a gift from Jenny Smith for it's review. It is published by West Bow Press.

Jenny teaches at her local church, conferences, retreats, banquets, or wherever women gather to hear hope from God's Word for their lives. She is a contributing writer for Encouragement Cafe and Laced with Grace. She is also a graduate of She Speaks and can often be found surrounded by books with pen in hand, writing in her favorite notebook. She loves country life in Adairsville, Georgia, with its clothesline and all, with her husband, Chad, and their three daughters. If you want to know more about this country girl with a passion for God's Word, then visit with Jenny at www.keepinginstride.com.







AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...