Friday, March 9, 2012

GREAT DAY EVERY DAY by MAX LUCADO

I have yet to read a book penned by Max Lucado I have not loved. This one is no exception. This book is simply beautiful. This book is a remake of his earlier work, "Every Day Deserves A Chance". As I began reading I thought, "Oh, this is so good. Gotta be my favorite part so far." I was wrong. Each and every chapter just got better and better. I usually write in my favorite selections and highlight areas that stand out to me. I just put my highlighter down. I would have had to highlight the entire book!

Seriously, it's that good. I missed this book the first time around. Clearly, the Lord knew exactly when to place this book in my hands. It is a treasure and written so beautifully. I loved the stories. Max Lucado shares in an early chapter about what the thief on the cross next to Jesus heard. He gives a glimpse of that day in a whole new perspective. I found myself reading aloud with tears streaming down my cheeks. It was so very moving.

We learn of forgiveness and grace. He challenges us to look at every day as if were our favorite day, no matter what the situation. It made such perfect sense, especially when we read the verse, "Always be joyful. Pray continually, and give thanks whatever happens.That is what God wants for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NCV)

We learn that gratitude is a choice. We see scripture come alive. Max Lucado pens his poignant words and shares stories of many men and women. "Navigating Life's Challenges with Promises and Purpose", is the theme in this book. I was very blessed and have added this book to my top five list of all time favorites.

This book was a gift from Thomas Nelson for it's review.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...