Skip to main content

Tell Me About Yourself Award

What a sweet treat for a Friday. I have been given the Tell Me About Yourself Award by my new friend, Susan Panzica, from Eternity Cafe. Now, here's the thing. I am to share with you seven things about myself and then pass on the award to five friends. I think we are suppose to share some fun things and those that are not so fun.

Before I share, I want to thank, Susan, for giving this award to me. I too want to invite you to travel over to Susan's blog. It is just lovely and filled with encouraging words.

I love sharing. I don't think we share enough. We have become a people who simply hide everything inside. Afraid of what others might say or think. What if we were all just real with one another? Really, then people wouldn't think they were the only one going through something. They wouldn't think those quirky things were so quirky. I think the more we share, the more others will share. Imagine the blessings that will flow from simply sharing a tidbit or two about yourself!

So, here we go:)

1) I am a night owl and not a morning person at all. Now, after a cup of coffee I am good to go, but before then you might want to keep your distance.

2) I am freakishly on time. I am never late for anything. In fact, you will find me at least 15 minutes early to everything.

3) Just what drives me crazy? Loud chewers! lol You know who you are out there. Put me in a room with a loud chewer, a smacker and someone chomping on hard candy, goodness, that would simply be a mighty mess! Yes, I need to learn patience.

4) Winter is my favorite season. Fall comes in at second place. Rounding third is spring. The more snow the better! I am not a summer girl at all. I hate to sweat! lol Spoiled? You betcha! Yes, you could say I have some contentment issues need worked on.

5) I struggle with health issues. Migraines, Fibromyalgia, and panic attacks just to name a few. It has been a long road the past twelve years or so with health issues popping up out of no where. There are days I struggle to get out of bed and those that I am on top of the world. With me, I have had to learn to not allow the illness of the day to define who I am or take hold of what the Lord has in store for me that day. It can easily happen. You soon learn that life is out of your control. You never know which end is up on some days. So you learn to find blessings in everything. Believe me, this is an ongoing lesson. Praise the Lord we are a work in progress.

6) It has been hard for me to trust the Lord at different times in my life. I see something that isn't right, well, I want to fix it. Just call me the fixer. Yes, that's me, the girl who moves before she prays and then needs to excavate her foot from her mouth. This is an area He is at work on in my heart. That word, Surrender, has given me a panic attack or two. I am that girl who wants things to work out and I think I have the answers for that to happen. The Lord has had to nudge me out of His way a time or two. Three or four..He is teaching me that He is in control and everything that happens has it's purpose. After all, is there any safer place than in His hands? I am learning.

7) I love books, old movies, and music. I LOVE to dance in my living room and slide down the hallway in my socked feet when no one is looking. I hate fast food, and my biggest fears are June bugs and grasshoppers! I am fearful of swimming in water where I cannot see my feet. This girl has gotta see her feet! I am a lotion freak and love shopping for that purse that is just shouting, "Pick me, pick me!" My husband still makes my heart pitter patter. My children deserve more than I could ever give and my grandchildren take my breath away.

Whew..now to give this award to some wonderful friends.

Christie Love at Love Notes



Debbie Dillon at Writin' For Him Cafe

Lisa Buffaloe at Lisa Buffaloe's Blog

Okay, ladies, now it's your turn to share. I hope you will accept this award from me. Each of you bless me and am so grateful the Lord has placed you in my life. You gotta love how He works!

Friends, I hope you will hop over to each of these blogs. These ladies all share from their heart. They write with such passion and they all have one thing in common. They love their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Comments

Debbie Dillon said…
What a blessing you are to so many, sweet Robin :) Thank you for nominating me! Hhmmmm...what to share..... :)
Shona Neff said…
Thanks, Rob!! I knew our shared joy for jams and sock monkeys would pay off, legitmately, one day...lol.

Now I need to msg you to see how this works...I'm kind of a dork figuring this kind of thing out :)

xoxo
Lisa Buffaloe said…
Thank you so much, Robin!!! I'm honored to be included and always love to read more about my sweet friends. If we lived closer, I'd come over in my stocking feet and we could slide together!
Robin Prater said…
You ladies are AWESOME! I am sure we would all have a wonderful time together!!

Can't wait to see what you all share. I know it will be a huge blessing!

Love and hugs:)

Popular posts from this blog

The Illusionist's Apprentice by Kristy Cambron

I want to begin this review sharing two reviews I was blessed to do. The Butterfly and The Violinand A Sparrow in Terezin. For me these two novels were masterpieces. Works of such exquisite beauty. They showed that Kristy Cambron is gifted with the pen, a master storyteller. They remain two of my all-time top favorites. 
It was for this reason I was thrilled to be receiving a copy of The Illusionist's Apprentice. Once again Cambron shows us a masterpiece of bringing a story to readers that speaks of faith and our Lord. Although throughout the novel these aspects are not boldly proclaimed, but are masterfully weaved throughout the story. 
Magic and illusion are not the same. I love how she brings this truth. Love that the main character was an apprentice to the master of illusion. She takes the use of being an apprentice and walks that road with integrity and hope. When we choose to walk with Christ we are His apprentices. We are to walk as the main character, Wren Lockhart walked…

The One True Love of Alice-Ann by Eva Marie Everson

Oh, just where do I begin? This is the stuff in which great novels are made. I made my way through this richly beautiful novel turning page after page with such deep emotion and thought. I couldn't turn the pages quick enough, but I didn't want it to end to soon. It's one of those novels you could continue reading as long as there were pages. No page just made of fluff, words with no meaning on the page. Every single line in this novel created a story that will last in my heart forever. 
Ms. Everson, I am so happy stories of the war were shared with you. Oh, to have your Sunday school teacher share with you, "You can't choose who you fall in love with, but you can choose who you marry", is a blessing that has now enchanted your readers. What a story you have weaved together. History penned with such depth, detail, and a story that captures the heart. 
This lovely story begins in 1941. The war has started. Picture a family gathered around the Zenith to hear t…

The" I Am" Makes Us Think About What "i am"

In Genesis 1:26-27 it shares something valuable to each of us about who we are in God. We are created in His image. What I love about this verse below is that is says, "make man in OUR image". What's OUR? The trinity, God, the Holy Spirit, and Christ Jesus. Ponder that. I mean really go deep. We are make in THEIR image. 
"Then God said, "Let US make man in OUR image, according to OUR likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth. So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him, male and female He created them."
We are His workmanship. He knew us before we were ever born. He weaved us together within the womb, but even before then He planned our life perfectly for us. That's so much to ponder isn't it? 
"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared…

The Glassblower by Petra Durst-Benning

I came across this selection on Amazon. I had seen so many reviews that it intrigued me. I had never read anything from this German author. The cover caught my attention as did the description of this novel. 
It's a part of a trilogy. I am getting ready to open up book 2, The American Lady. I cannot wait to begin. I tell you this book marveled me. I wasn't quite sure what to expect. What a journey into another time and place. 
We travel to Germany where this novel is set. The year is 1890 and we find ourselves in Lauscha, Germany. The author did a fantastic job at the perfect description of not only the area, but circumstance, and heart of the characters. Her writing style flows so easily that the pages almost turn themselves. 
The characters are easy to love. Three sisters who are now wondering, after their father had passed from this earth,  how they will now provide for themselves. It isn't going to be easy, but these sisters show us how to prevail over challenges that…

Unexpected Blessings

The last words my dad spoke to me from his hospital bed were, "Rob, take care of your mom." Those are words I have never forgotten. I have not only honored them for my dad, but for my mom. I too am commanded by my Father to honor my mother and father.
"Honor your father and mother so that you may have a long life in the land that the Lord your God is giving you." Exodus 20:12
My mom gave her life in caring for me. On my first birthday, my very first Christmas, was spent in the ICU as I was very sick with pneumonia. A little later I would burn myself with spilled coffee. A few years later I would tumble down many stairs and once again spent time in the hospital. 
I remember all the times I was sick and could feel my mom's hand brush against my forehead as she checked for fever. All the times she must have stayed up all night as I was sick. 
When I was little she would pour me a bowl of Raisin Bran. I loved it. Only I didn't like the raisins. She would take t…