Tuesday, November 1, 2011

HOUSE OF SECRETS by TRACIE PETERSON

I know I always share my favorite authors with you. I often say, "She is at the top of my favorites list." Well, at the very top of that list of favorite authors is, Tracie Peterson. I believe I have read just about every book she has written and now I have had the pleasure of reading her newest, "House of Secrets".

This was one of those page turners that just kept getting better and better. Just when I thought all the secrets were exposed there were more! I fell in love with every character. This is a book we can all relate too. I simply loved this book. I cannot say that enough! We want to move forward so very badly, but when we are trapped in the past we can seem to find our way to peace.

We have three sisters who are called by their father to take a small trip back to the family summer house. I can tell you, my heart went out to these girls. They are wanting so much out of life, but they are unable to give it. They have kept so much in and now they are ready to find out the truth no matter the cost.

As we see in this beautifully written story, there is healing in truth. Nothing good comes from holding on to secrets. They almost destroyed this family. We see their journey of anger and sadness. Tracie gives us a glimpse into the lives of a family that has dealt with mental illness. As they uncover the secrets that have been hidden for so long we see their fears released and peace come from surrendering to a gracious God that has been waiting to carry them through the ashes so that they might find beauty. I love how faith plays a huge role in this story. The sweet spirit of Christ comes alive through these pages. 

This book was a gift to those who attended the ACFW conference.


Tracie Peterson is the award-winning author of over eighty novels, both historical and contemporary. Her avid research resonates in her stories, as seen in her bestselling Heirs of Montana, and Alaskan Quest series. Tracie and her family make their home in Montana. Visit Tracie's Web site at http://www.traciepeterson.com/ and her blog at http://www.writespassage.blogspot.com/.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...