Friday, September 30, 2011

Sometimes you gotta move to see better!

This morning in my reading I turned to the story of Zacchaeus and Jesus. You can read this story in Luke 19:1-10. Okay, Zacchaeus is a little dude. He is in a huge crowd and he wants to have a better view. He knows, Jesus is coming and he doesn't want to miss out on anything. But how in the world can he see beyond the crowd? So, what does he do? He climbs up in the sycamore tree.

Do you ever feel small? Oh my, lately I feel smaller and smaller as I witness the magnitude of God's awesome love. He washes His grace over me daily and is forever trying to lead me. Now, if I can just move outside of the crowd and getter look. Don't you feel that way sometimes, too? I am one of those visual learners. If I have a great seat to where I can see everything I am going to learn so much more than just having a book in front of me.

Zacchaeus didn't just move and get a better view. He spoke with Jesus face to face! Jesus even went to his house. Can you hear the murmur of others? "Can you believe that Jesus? He's going to a sinners house!" Well, I'll be. We are all sinners. I think many times we forget that bit of information. We tend to see others as sinners, but not ourselves. In Zacchaeus's smallness, he knew just who he was the moment he looked into his Savior's eyes. Zacchaeus realizes he was lost and here before him is his Savior.

What if Zacchaeus hadn't moved that day? What if he hadn't sought out Jesus as He was walking by? Oh, Jesus knew exactly where Zacchaeus was. He knew that tree held this little dude that was searching for more. Don't you love how God ordains our walk with Him? He knows each step before we ever move. He too knows when we don't move at all.

Friends, we gotta step out of the crowd and seek the Lord with all our heart. We must be willing to move on His behalf. He calls us to Him, but we must accept that invitation. Once we do our lives will never be the same. It's time we step out and make more time for Jesus. Oh, sure we fit in time with Him. But it's time after we have done everything else on our list. Jesus doesn't want to be on our check list. He wants to have that one on one intimate relationship with us.

It's real easy for us to think, "Well, if we only lived in the Old Testament times. They walked and talked with Jesus." Friends, they may have, but they didn't have the full picture in front of them as we do. We have God's Word alive in our hands. We get to witness His story from the beginning all the way to His return. We have story after story that we can relate to on some level. We have His love story to us. One day we will be face to face with Him. One day maybe we will be able to sit with Him as He shows us how each chapter of our lives come together to make one great story.

This little dude can teach us a great lesson. May we move outside of the crowd. Might we move to higher ground. May we focus on Him and all He has for us. We just gotta be ready to move for Him. He will show us where to go and what to do. As His children, we just have to follow. Zacchaeus was right where God wanted him. There is nothing like God's perfect timing. Is it time you moved to a different area in your life where you can see better? We can be blinded by our past. Our difficulties and disappointments can turn our vision from 20/20 to poor pitiful me. Don't allow this world to blind side you. Get up and move yourself so you can better see ALL that God has for you today!

"Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take." Proverbs 3:5-6

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...