Friday, September 30, 2011

GOD'S STORY YOUR STORY (When His becomes yours) by MAX LUCADO

Is it possible to pick up a book penned by Max Lucado and not be blessed? I haven't read one of his books that did not bless my socks off. He is that guy that can relate to everyone. We can all pick up his books and say, "Hey, that's me your writing about." The same is true for his latest, God's Story Your Story. As we read God's story we can see our story. If we can only remain focused on Him and not the circumstances around us.

I truely enjoyed this book. Sure, it may be words we have heard over and over again, but who doesn't need to be reminded on a daily basis that everything always comes back to our Savior? Life is all about Him and He is all about us. Those no's that we often hear and are upset about? Well, for each and every no there is a yes waiting. A yes that will open another door to big possibilities. Our journey is one that is paved by His plan and carries His grace for each step.

Through these pages we are taken back through New Testament stories. Some of my favorite are of Paul. His struggles and his over coming obstacles thrown in front of him. He was able to see past his circumstances and see that God had a plan all along. That is what this book is all about. Reminding us that God is here. We are never alone and in the midst of our trials and joys He is right there in the midst of it all. After all, He does have a plan for us. I love how Max Lucado speaks of graduation day. Can you imagine when we see our Savior face to face? What a glorious day that will be. But until then, we must strive forward with hope and a renewing of our faith.

I love the scripture Max Lucado shares throughout the entire book. This is one that stands out to me. "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts, says the Lord. And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9 NLT

This is one of those books to keep on your desk and go back to over and over again. This book even comes in a youth edition, along with a small group curriculum.

This book was a gift from Zondervan for it's review.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...