Thursday, April 21, 2011

Use me Lord, but...

I wake each day saying, "Lord, use me for Your glory and honor today." It wasn't always that way. As Christians we want to be willing vessels for the Lord. We want to be used of Him, but how many times do we say, "Lord use me, but don't do this?" Meaning, we place a circle around all we don't want God to touch. We ask the Lord to use us, but not to touch our children. Don't take my husband. Don't change our job. Don't take our heath. Sound like your prayer to Him too?

Isaiah 40:28-31 “Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”


We do this without thought at times. Although we are saying we have given all to Him, have we really? While we are trying to hang on to some control, which we never really have, the Lord is saying, "Don't you trust Me?" I had to ask myself that question. Either I trust Him or I don't. Either I believe in Him or I don't. His ways are higher than mine or I am really arrogant trying to tell God, "Yes, Your way is best, but don't make Your plans by touching what is most important to me." This is not the life God has chosen for us.

Isaiah 50:10 “Who is among you that fears the LORD, That obeys the voice of His servant, That walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the LORD and rely on his God.”

We tell Him we will serve, but don't make me serve with her. I will go, but I don't want to go there. Is that really being a willing vessel? God isn't going to make things easy just to please us. It is through those very times when we don't want to work with her or go where He is calling that He really moves. It is at that moment we must fully trust Him. In our weakness we find His strength.

Jeremiah 32:27 “Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?”


I must open my hands and give Christ all. That doesn't mean grasping my fingers around one thing, but giving Him another. He wants it all. He lifts us up in our moment of doubt and shows us His might. In our vision we can only see a minor glimpse of it all. What of God? Was He saying, "I will give all to my children, but I am not willing to give My Son? He gave the very One who was most precious to Him. He is our example. We are to follow in His ways. That means when it hurts and when we don't understand.

Psalm 27:1 “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”

Living a life for Christ is being willing to go the distance He calls us to. It's not giving up when things get hard. It's not turning from Him when life is not as we expected, but turning to Him in all, trusting Him so that we can catch a glimpse of the unexpected.

Psalm 20: 7-8 “Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm.”

I am always one to notice when the dandelions pop up in our yard. I have such memories of our children picking them for me and putting them in a big mason jar. The bright yellow color just brings a smile. A few days ago I noticed how some where already turning to seed. I picked up these beauties and blew them softly. Each seed blowing in the wind brought a new smile to my face. God uses each part of creation to remind us what happens we trust Him with all we have. As each seed was carried away by the light breeze it was a sight to behold. Only God knows where each seed will sprout up and who else will be picking that yellow beauty to bring a smile to one they love. God uses everything!! Nothing goes to waste. We must trust Him on this journey.

 Psalm 31:14-15  “But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD; I say, “You are my God.” My times are in Your hand.”

Ever notice how we must let go of one thing to grab another? What happens when we try to carry too much? We end up dropping something and it goes crashing to the floor. Then we are left picking up the pieces. This is what our life is like when we try to carry it all. But what happens when we give everything over to the Lord? We can walk knowing He isn't going to drop anything. He is going to handle each item with care and only the greatest love will be present.

Psalm 118:8 “It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.”

As mothers we tend to hold on too tight. This can lead to such a stressful life. How do I know? This was me. This is me at moments. Oh, yes, I am that girl that is forever trying to hold on to it all, but God is there. Present in my life forever telling me, "Let go and trust Me." He can't fully use me until I am ready to give Him all. Every area in my life.

Philippians 4:7 “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Where are you today? Are you trying to grasp for control? What do you have circled? Are you finding yourself like me, wanting to serve, but you have that pen in hand drawing a heart around all you don't want Him to touch? As long as life seems easy we are ready and willing to serve, but when things get a little hard and scary, we let go of God and try to take the reigns back. We ask Him to protect everything we love, but why don't we totally trust Him with all He has given us? How do we get to the point of letting go and trusting? We look to the cross. We see what our Father was willing to give. We see what His Son was willing to do. We look at the disciples who dropped everything to follow Him. When we get to the place where we trust Him with all, He will show us it was worth it all.

Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. ”

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...