Saturday, April 30, 2011

SET FREE TO LIVE FREE (Breaking Through the 7 lies Women Tell Themselves) by SAUNDRA DALTON-SMITH, MD

First I must say, Set Free To Live Free, is a book every woman should read. Better yet, read it with your daughters. Oh, the lies we tell ourselves. From we are worthless, too fat all the way to we are undeserving. I simply loved this book. I felt as though I had sat down with, Saundra, myself. Now, that is a gifted writer. Saundra shares the seven lies we tell ourselves, but she does something that I just loved. She tells the truth behind the lie. She shares with us how to face the lie and  how to overcome that lie in finding the truth. We have been told these lies by our own mothers who faced these same claiming lies. It is time to break the cycle, friends. With, Set Free To Live Free, we can be released from the past holding us back and move forward to the women we were created to be.

The lies:
1. Perfection is the goal
2. I would be happy too if I had her life
3. If I do this, I can look like that
4. Life is an all-or-nothing activity
5. Being in control is better than spontaneity
6. Emotional imbalance is only for crazy women
7. Everything comes with conditions


The Free Women's Creed:
1. I am perfectly imperfect
2. I am too unique for comparisons
3. My body, my temple, God's choice
4. My balanced life requires addition and subtraction
5. Spontaneity is God's opportunity to surprise me
6. My transparency opens the door for soul connections
7. My only limitations are the ties I allow to bind me

With each lie, Saundra, shares a story of a woman, a woman struggling to overcome. One that deeply touched me was a woman who came into her office with skin cancer. Just one small, tiny spot, changed her life forever. Just one tiny spot that went unnoticed by her, but was noticed by, Saundra. Our lives can be like this tiny spot. We let such things go until they grow and grow. Becoming a cancer that eats away at us. This woman was set free. Not only from the cancer that attacked her, but situations in her life.

Saundra leads us through this journey of lies into the freedom of truth. Everyone needs a doctor like, Saundra. What a blessing. The amazing thing? We all have the Healer who loves us and is waiting to be part of our lives. Only He can set us free. This is not only a great book for women and their daughters, but for men too. What better way to understand your wife and to encourage her than to really know her on every level. I think this would be an awesome addition to a Sunday School lesson or a small group study. I know I will share my book and pass it on.

Another part I loved is a story of a woman searching. Saundra sets her up on a date with the man of her dreams. The only One who can bring her true joy and set her free. You will find yourself within these pages. Women who struggle. Women afraid to share. Ladies, it's time to let go. It's time to be set free. How many stars to do I give this book? Well, you can only give a five, but for me, this book was at least a ten!! Really. This is one you don't want to pass up. I learned much about myself through these pages. Praise the Lord we have willing vessels to share with us. To open our eyes to finding a freedom. A freedom only to be found in Jesus Christ.

This book was a gift by Saundra Dalton-Smith, MD for it's review. It is published by Revell and will be out May 11.

Saundra Dalton-Smith MD is a board-certified internal medicine physician who has been practicing medicine since 1999. She treats a predominantly female population and has firsthand experience with the struggles women face trying to imitate the American dream. Dr. Dalton-Smith has been an adjunct faculty member at Baker College and Davenport University in Michigan. She lives in Alabama.


AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...