Saturday, April 23, 2011

Looking for that steadfast love?

I know just where you can find a steadfast love that is sure and true. Yesterday morning as my husband lost his job once again I turned to this verse. "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23 What comfort this verse brought to this heart of mine.

No matter what. No matter what, my friends, God is good and faithful. He isn't going to leave us. In the midst of test and trial He is right here standing strong in our hearts. There is no where else we can find a love like His. Never ceasing. Mercies never ending. Oh, what a great love we find in Him.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

So, yes, we are on the search once again for a job. This time around there is no fear. Oh, of course I am sure I will have those days where I wake to find myself looking mud in the eye, but all I must do is remember. I have a Savior, steadfast and true! Ever present in my life. For over two years my husband was out of work. For over two years the Lord supplied. He was ever present and active in our lives. He taught us to trust. He showed us there is hope. We proclaim His promises. There is nothing as sweet as His manna. His Word is alive and true. Oh, the people who faced struggle. The many who faced death and triumphed. We see over and over again those who over came. They did not do so on their own, but through the strength of the Lord they found ALL they needed to face each battle. Daniel, David, Joseph, Paul, Ruth, Job, and the greatest of all, Jesus Christ!

This Sunday we celebrate His resurrection. Nothing, not even death can hold our Savior down. He is risen and coming again. What do I have to fear? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Today as I wake I have much to be thankful for. My list of thanks grows daily so how can I focus on one little battle? Jesus has already won the war. He too will gain victory from this battle as well.

"Neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God." Romans 8:38-39

My perspective must remain positive. Isn't it all in our attitude? Some choose to see the glass half empty. I choose to see it half full with room for more. God blesses us in the most unexpected places. Just when we think we are at the end of our rope God gives us the strength to hold on even stronger with more intention and purpose. It is through each trial that I see more of Him. Through each humbling experience my love for Him grows even more. He has brought us through so much. More trials will come. Some I won't want to face at all. Unless I trust Him with all I will never see all He can do. Just a few days ago I wrote about trusting Him. Little did I know what would happen just days later. Was God yet once again preparing me? Was He showing me, "Hold on daughter. The road is going to get bumpy once more, but I am with you. Trust Me?" I believe He was. He did. We always taught our children, "Trust is something you earn. It isn't just given." I believe God has earned my trust. He has yet to fail me and the wonderful thing is, I know He never will!! That is exciting to me. It is encouraging to see Him move through all the things I think are impossible. But He forever shows me nothing is impossible with Him!!

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...