Friday, April 8, 2011

LETS CHAT FRIDAY with STACIE RUTH STOELTING

Each day brings new blessings. Each moment of our lives should be lived with passion and praise. Each week the Lord brings someone new to the Nest. Someone shining the spotlight on Him. We too often try to hog the spotlight and make it all about us. Today, my guest is, Stacie Ruth Stoelting, a woman of grace, who chooses to shine the spotlight on God and His grace in her life.

If we can only give our life to Him He will use the life He gave us to bring blessing upon blessing to those we come in contact with. Stacie and her her sister, Carrie, walk in His mercy. They live with passion. Reaching out to ALL. Isn't God's grace for ALL? What a wonderful blessing it is to have, Stacie, here sharing all the Lord is doing in her life. I pray you too are blessed as you read her words.



(Robin) Stacie, could you share your personal story with us?

(Stacie) My personal story is that I serve a personal Savior. He is “for real.” He loves me and never leaves me. For a bit of a background summary, here’s some information: I’m from a small, Midwestern town and a small, Midwestern family. But God called me at an early age to share my testimony and point people to Jesus. His calling has included ministering to the aged, terminally ill, and forgotten. And it’s also included publically proclaiming Jesus’ Name on international TV, radio, etc. It’s been quite the journey of contrasts yet great commonality: everyone needs Jesus! We just need to be willing to serve. For every God-given opportunity, I think of this: If you’re willing, He is filling! Let Him fill and direct you in every task –from the household chores to the public stage. It’s about Jesus and not us.

For hobbies and fun, I really enjoy creation (a.k.a. nature), learning, drawing, traveling, old movies, cooking, pets, bargain-hunting, sports, being silly with family/friends, etc.



(Robin) I know your testimony will inspire. How did you come to know the Lord?
(Stacie) As a little girl, I accepted Jesus as my personal Savior and Lord when I viewed a Christian children’s television program. I’ll never forget it. And I know God will never forget it, too. He saved me! I am so grateful.



(Robin) In your walk with Him has there been a time you can look back and see more of yourself than Him? If so, how did you set your eyes upon Him again?
(Stacie) Great question! I think different health challenges have taught me to look more to Jesus and less to myself. I’ve always tried hard to encourage my family to practice healthy lifestyle habits (i.e. nutritious foods, exercising) and I’ve always tried to do likewise. However, at certain times, I’ve experienced health challenges that were entirely out of my control and that humbled me greatly. It’s a lesson that kind of goes like this: Even your best fails God’s test. But humble hearts never run out of God’s grace! It’s about Jesus and not us. His cross put a cross through my debts. He is God and we’re not. He is good –even when times are bad. And only when I look to Him do I experience true peace, joy, and strength! In fact, your question is timely because a very dear person just talked about this with me.



(Robin) It is so hard for young people today. What advice would you give to a young person trying to fit in and be popular in this world?
(Stacie) It’s like this: God’s commands protect. They don’t punish! God desires the best for us and loves us without reserve! We’re getting close to Easter. So let me put it this way: In the world, people paint a deceptive picture. It’s like people paint a rotten egg and try to pass it off as an Easter egg. That’s what people do when they try to pass off the devil’s ways as being acceptable. Don’t trust people. Just trust Jesus!


(Robin) I would love for you to share about your Bright Light Ministry?
(Stacie) My sister, Carrie Beth, and I have a simple mission: to share God’s story and give Him glory. We desire to beam the bright light of Jesus Christ to those in darkness. Through action, prayer, writing, and song, we desire to step aside and let Jesus preside.



(Robin) What was it like to produce, "Heavenly", a cd that means so much to you?
(Stacie) Very exciting! The recording process (including recording with Grammy and Dove winners) taught us so much. We worshipped our Heavenly King and hoped that it would give listeners an opportunity to catch a Heavenly perspective on earth! (So far, we praise God for such reports from listeners.)



(Robin) Can you share your passion to reach families touched by Alzheimer’s Disease?
(Stacie) 3 of 4 of my grandparents suffered from Alzheimer’s or related dementia. It broke my heart. At 15, I wrote a Christian book, Still Holding Hands, about my grandparents’ romance and faith-filled fight with Alzheimer’s. Leaders and celebrities endorsed it. I soon found doors flying open by God’s grace. I praise Him for an opportunity to share His love and comfort with families facing a horrific disease. Our CD, Heavenly, also includes a song dedicated to those facing Alzheimer’s and encountering Jesus in the midst of it. You can learn more about our Alzheimer’s outreach at www.BrightLightMinistries.com.



(Robin) How and when did you hear God calling you into the ministry?
(Stacie) My parents report it: At an early age, I couldn’t contain my love for my Jesus. I’ve been busy sharing about Him ever since! This has included sharing Him with the dying, sharing Him with the famous, sharing Him with the poor, and sharing Him with the rich. God’s love never shows favoritism. And I love to share His love!



(Robin) As a singer what are some of your favorite songs that lead you to praise?
(Stacie) Untitled Hymn (Chris Tomlin), My Redeemer Lives (Nicole C. Mullen), Revelation Song (Philips, Craig and Dean), A New Hallelujah (Michael W. Smith), and The Power of the Cross (Keith and Kristyn Getty) all have ministered to me and encouraged me to worship the Lord at different times in my life.

All kinds of good old hymns are special to me…. I think of When We All Get to Heaven, How Great Thou Art, etc. Too many to mention! I became acquainted with a lot of the old hymns during my years of taking piano lessons.

Of course, the songs included on our CD, Heavenly, are handpicked because of the way the Lord has used the songs’ meanings to encourage us to worship Him. One song from the CD particularly means a lot: Alive, Forever, Amen! includes such meaning: Jesus and our loved ones in Heaven are alive forever, amen!


(Robin) "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" Psalm 46:10 Has there been a time in your life where you had to wait on the Lord? What did the Lord teach you during this time of searching and waiting?
(Stacie) You know, I think the best way to answer this question is to share my feature for CBN.com, “Hate to Wait for God?”: http://www.cbn/family/youth/hate-to-wait-for-god-stoelting.aspx


(Robin) For a young woman just beginning her journey with the Lord what wisdom can you share with her?
(Stacie) Remember that Jesus remains the same as when you first believed and received Him. Feelings zoom up and down. But Jesus stays steady and ready for you to come to Him –even when you feel distant or numb. He’s good. He’s real.


(Robin) What is your definition of success?
(Stacie) To love God and others with His love.


(Robin)What empowering advice would you give to someone facing adversity?
(Stacie) Romans 8:18, 28, 38-39!


(Robin) In Jer 29:11 we know the Lord has planned our life for us and has set before us a path to bring Him glory and honor. What is the Lord doing in your life today that will have a lasting impact for tomorrow?
(Stacie) Well, first off, let me say this: Anything good in me is Jesus inside of me. God uses me in spite of myself. With that said, I’ll share some exciting news: People report how God has been using my radio program, Praying Pals, and its associated prayer group, www.PrayingPals.org. Our prayer group exploded into about 2,400 prayer warriors praying weekly worldwide! Join us at www.PrayingPals.org for extra prayer 24/7! We seek God’s face –not just His hand. He is so good…in the bad times and the good! He’s the only true God and the only One worth worshipping! My sister, Carrie Beth, and I are also excited about www.UnitetheUSA.org, which promotes Christian values in our culture. And www.UnitedforMovieAction.com promotes cleaning up movies and supports Christian films. All of these outreaches fall under our umbrella, www.BrightLightMinistries.com, which is our evangelical mission to beam the bright light of Jesus Christ to those in dark situations.


(Robin) How would you define grace?
(Stacie) One word: Jesus. “For while the Law was given through Moses, grace (unearned, undeserved favor and spiritual blessing) and truth came through Jesus Christ” (John 1:17).


(Robin) Stacie, on those busy days that just seem to keep us moving what do you do to bring peace and comfort?
(Stacie) First and last Bible reading: I read it first in the morning and last at night. I also take a Bible with me in the car, and keep a pocket Bible in my purse. I made www.BibleGateway.com my homepage. I also like to keep little New Testaments in my purse/briefcase. It’s handy to give away to folks! It’s exciting to spread the word about the Word!


(Robin) What is the best advice you have ever received?
(Stacie) To believe and receive the Lord Jesus as my personal Savior and Lord.

And I meant it when I said it: You see, I watched someone get killed. My sister and I prayed with the man before he died. Life comes down to this: The best advice ever is to simply believe and receive Jesus as personal Savior and Lord. Today, let me ask the reader a question: If you were hit and killed today, would you go to Heaven? Jesus said, “You must be born again.” Learn more about my sister’s and my testimony here: http://prayingpals.org/knowgod.html.



Stacie, thank you so much for joining us today. You have such a beautiful and genuine heart. I hope you will return again and share more with us. You have truly blessed me. I love your words, "If you are willing, He is filling!"  So true. We must decrease as we all Him to increase in our life. Thank you for reminding us to stay in His Word. In doing so we will only see more of Him. Blessings to you and Carrie. May you have continued blessings in your ministry and outreach through the music that the Lord has laid upon your heart to share with all.


Friends, I encourage you to check out all Stacie Ruth and her Sister, Carrie Ann are doing. You will be inspired as you read her full story. We can see from Stacie's life to live each day in worship and praise for our mighty Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!!

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...