Monday, April 25, 2011

Finding a sweet peace as I seek a mighty faith

"Another parable He put forth to them, saying; 'The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field, which indeed is the least of all the seeds; but when it is grown it is greater than the herbs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in it's branches." Matthew 13:31-32

"And when the disciples saw it, they marveled, saying, 'How did the fig tree with away so soon?' So Jesus answered and said to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, 'Be moved and be cast into the sea, ' it will be done. And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." Matthew 21:22-22

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

Lately I have been wondering about faith. Faith that can move mountains. Having faith like a mustard seed. That small seed that doesn't look like much, but wow, when it grows it is mighty!  As we walk with the Lord our faith grows.When we first believe our faith is so small, but after a while it begins to grow. Once we see trial and test upon test we find that trusting in Christ is the only way we can find peace through it all. Planted in the right soil, showered with a little rain, and Son shine, it grows and blossoms into a faith that can move mountains.

I think I have always looked at these verses literally. I have thought, "Now, that is a mighty faith." Maybe Billy Graham could move a mountain, but not little Robin Prater. I have been so wrong. Don't you love it when the light shines and you really get something? In my journey I have faced many mountains. Some I have tried walking around. Not wanting to face them at all. Some I have attempted to climb over, but have given up because the journey was just too much. But through prayer. Through sharing my heart with Christ, He has shown me, in my faith those mountains will move. He can move those mountains. I find that just so cool! We have a God that has such a mighty strength, He can move every mountain out of our way. But does He? Sometimes I think He leaves some of those mountains in my path to strengthen me. To show me all He can do. If I don't have faith in Him going over the little hills in life am I really going to have faith when a huge mountain comes into view?

Sometimes those mountains appear so big, don't they? We see them from afar and as we approach them we are almost fearful of going over. Oh, that journey up can be a treacherous one. Coming down can even be scarier. But that is if we are doing the trek alone. Here is where the faith comes in. When we believe even as small as a mustard seed, God will move that mountain. He will either move that mountain or He will move us. Those mountains are just big hills. Sometimes they roll gently across our life with ease. Other times they are rough and jagged. But in faith we can face them. We don't have to have fear. In Christ we can be fearless!

In faith we pray. We give Him all our worries and fears. We trust Him. In doing so, He then gives us a peace we cannot understand. A peace that frees us, but makes us whole. We feel complete in Him. The faith and trust we have in Him is like a blanket of grace. He covers us with His love. He gives us that extra boost to get up that mountain and gives us a vision so we can see the view from the top. It looks mighty different from the valley below. Once we have made it we begin to see the whole picture. It's like we see with panoramic view.

It's then we see all the pot holes and bumps along the way. We see how He detoured us and gave us those open U-turns along the way. There will be many mountains to climb. We can look at each one as an opportunity to see all God can do. We know we can't do it alone. In our journey we concentrate too much on what is behind us. We see all the failures and mistakes. We see the struggle. That constant upward battle. We focus on that and we are on autopilot to have fear for tomorrow. If God had our back yesterday, He will have it today as we rise and tomorrow as we lay our head to sleep. Lets not look behind nor ahead, but right now in today. If not we are going to miss the big stuff God is doing in our life. Lets take our time and enjoy each view. Friends, we don't want to miss out on anything God has for us!!

"Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:12-14

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...