Sunday, April 3, 2011

Can I really say, "I love you", if I am not sharing the Lord?

How serious do we take our prayer life? I mean really. Just who or what are we praying for? Do we find ourselves at the top of that list? Is it our wants that are listed first or is it the souls of man? Yesterday a Jehovah's Witness pulled in our drive. I must be honest. They use to come by quite often. I would open the door and grab my bible and head for the front deck ready to greet them. There have been times I have shared the gospel with them. Yesterday I didn't do that. I simply shut my door. I didn't even go to the door. Am I wrong? I don't know, but I know my heart was stirred after they left. I began thinking, "I should have went to the door. What if that was the only chance they had to really hear the truth?" Friends, how many times do we let opportunities pass us by? I don't care who it is or what they believe we should be there waiting and willing to share the Lord, Jesus Christ. We don't have to argue Jesus. He is simply enough. All we must do is be the vessel for Him. If we are not? Well, He will use another willing and ready. We on the other hand will have passed up a great opportunity to share the love of Christ.

"Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others." Philippians 2:3-4

One thing I admire about Jehovah's Witness' is the fact they are out there. Everywhere. No fear holding them back. They are going door to door. Parking lot from parking lot, handing out pamphlets. Can you imagine how many doors get shut in their faces? How many names they get called? Ignored and unwanted, but they are still out there, never giving up. What am I handing out when I leave Walmart? Do I have any tracks on me to share? Are my words edifying to Christ? Do my actions reflect what I say is in my heart? Not always. Not even close. Too many times I walk away, not saying anything. Why? If I am truthful. I am too wrapped up in myself. Why else? What other reason do we have? Do you ever think Jesus is tired of hearing excuses?

"Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain." Philippians 2:14-16

What excuse will I give for those very people I allowed to pass by and say nothing as they continue to walk a life unfulfilled and missing the most important gift? Jesus Christ. I would think my excuses would run out by now, but they haven't. We all have friends and family who are in need of Christ. And yes, even those people in our life that we really don't like at all. They too need Christ. Everyone needs Jesus Christ. Just as I would give someone a drink of water or food to eat, I too need to be sharing the love of Christ. Isn't He the quench to their thirst and the nourishment to their soul they are looking for?

"But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead." Philippians 3:7-11

I need to be doing more for the cause of Christ. We can pick up every kind of cause there is. We can work day and night, but is there any cause more important than the cause of Christ? Are the souls of man not important enough? There are hurting people all around us. People are in need. I don't have all the answers, but I do carry the One who has them within my own heart. If I can only point people to Christ, then I am living a life of purpose.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

We tend to live for the weekend don't we? We work all week. We make our lists and the weekend comes and we are either checking off that list of chores or we are spending time enjoying those around us. Neither of those are wrong by any means. The only wrong thing is where they lie on our priority list. We live in a hurry. We don't make time for friends. We leave family out of our plans and we live as though we have tomorrow. Friends, we don't know that. Why do we take time for granted? I can tell you I don't call my friends enough. I don't see my family enough. I don't reach out enough and when I do, everything seems to be rushed. Sound like your life too? Isn't it time to change? Isn't it time to place Jesus first?

"Set your mind on things above, not on the things on the earth." Colossians 3:2

When we are at a restaurant are we praying when our food arrives? When we see one hurting in our local grocery store do we stop and pray for them? When a friend calls do we make time for them or are we just too busy for lunch? We walk into church and sit in our pew. The sermon is over and we grab our things, heading out as fast as we can. Lunch cannot wait. We live in such a rush, one day the time will come when we realize we wish we would have slowed down. We will wish we took more time to talk about Jesus. To show Him more and share all He has done for us.

"Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all. See that on one renders evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and for all. Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. Do not quench the Spirit." 1 Thessalonians 5:14-19

Friends, I fail so many times. Everyday I have an opportunity to share Him more. I can always do more. Funny, I make time to do all I want. We all do. We are all so busy, but just what are we busy with? The very things that make us happy. Are we going to be happy when we stand in front of the Lord one day and account for our lives and how we lived them? Is it so hard to ask, "Do you know the Lord?" One simple sentence that can not only give life, but save life. We should be in the business of saving lives, don't you think?

Who cares if people get mad? Who cares if people tell us they really don't want to talk about anything Christian? Who cares if we get a strange look? So what if the person walks away thinking we are a nut? My kids know their momma loves the Lord. They know I write daily about Him. They know better than anyone that I am not perfect. But I should be striving harder. I should be making more of an impact leaving the imprint of Christ on the hearts of those around me.

"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of truth." 1 Timothy 2:15

God forgive me. I don't want to stand in front of Him one day and see all the souls I could have impacted if I would have only gotten over myself and reached out like a Christian. I don't want my life to be wasted on my selfish ambitions. I want to serve God with 100% of my heart. I don't want to live a life of regret. I never want to stand at a funeral of one I love knowing I could have done more.

"And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will." 2 Timothy 2:24-26

We must live worship! Living worship is when the Lord is always present. Our conversations, our activities, our lives should be shouting His name. When you look up at the night sky, what do you notice first? I notice the moon first. It is the brightest light in the night sky. Those stars? They only add to its beauty.

"But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry." 2 Timothy 4:5

Lets make today the day we set our priorities. May today be the day our hearts are broken for the lost. May our prayer list increase with each added name the Lord lays upon our heart. I want to see all those I love in heaven. I want those who are hurting to know there is a better way. We can have a life fulfilled.

"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that , denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works." Titus 2:11-14

From the time the Lord gives us a calling to the point in which we live it out is empty time. Space given to Satan to place in all road blocks and excuses. I don't want to live an empty life. I want to live in such a way that my life is filled with the Lord's purpose. It is through Him that we find all we are and all we were created for. What are we waiting for? We can inspire. We can encourage. We can live today with no regrets for tomorrow. We can live worship right now! At the end of our life it isn't so much going to matter what others say about us. What will matter is hearing, "Well done my good and faithful servant", from the One who gave His life for us. Doesn't He deserve our best? He deserves more of us. It is going to matter how many souls on this earth we impacted for Christ. So lets get busy serving the God who gave all by giving our all!!

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...