Thursday, March 10, 2011

What designer are you wearing?

Okay, I am that girl who finds something she loves and buys it in every color it comes in! Can I get a witness? Oh, how we love to buy more than one. I can be in a store and find something really cute and laying right there next to it is something just as cute! Decisions, decisions. Let's just say I have a hard time just getting one. No, this girl wants both of them. If not both, then why get one at all?

"And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns." Philippians 1:6

We seem to want, want and want. When we cannot have we find ourselves asking, "Why can't I? God, why can't I have everything I want?" Been there with me? We feel better with more. Less makes us feel, well, less. How did we come to feel this way? We live in a world where more gives us a better status. We feel more important and even more special when we have more. Less gives us the impression that we are needing more.

"Jesus replied, 'You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul and all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment." Matthew 22:37-38

Oh, what did those Jones' begin? The neighbor with everything and still wanting more. Do we ever have all we need? Or do we just find ourselves always searching for more? We search for more. Do you know why? We were not designed for this home. We were designed for more! Nothing here on this earth should satisfy us. Not anything. But we should be content with ourselves. How can we find contentedness? Seeking God with all our heart, mind and soul. When we seek Him more than anything else we are going to find more. We search because we are missing something. We are missing Him. It is only He that will bring us to true content. We can get out of the stores and off the internet. We don't have to search this world one color at a time for joy. It is when we leave all that stuff and seek Him that we will find true joy.

"Seek first the kingdom of God above all else, and live righeously, and He will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33

"You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don't give reluctantly or in response to pressure. For God loves a person who gives cheerfully." 2 Corinthians 9:7

Think about it. The more we focus on Him the less time we focus on ourselves. The more time we spend giving thanks the less time we think about what we don't have. The more time we spend giving the less time we spend wanting. In God we find all we are and all we are made to be. When we totally sell ourselves out to Him we don't need one in each color. We don't even need the cute one next to the one we want. HE IS ENOUGH!

"Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can't take anything with us when we leave it. So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content." 1 Timothy 6:6-8

I need to open my eyes and seek God-Vision. Oh, how I like having Me-Vision. We get so caught up in me that we forget all else.  I need to stop being an Alzheimer Christian and start remembering it isn't about me. It is ALL about HIM.

"And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul and all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5

It is when I really let go of that urge to seek more of this world offers, letting go of myself and all my wants that I will turn to God for all I am and I will find myself complete in Him. We can find true peace in Him. True contentedness. A life lived in worship and praise of Him is a life lived not of self, but of all God desires through my life. Oh, how we need to take our eyes off this world and all the runways of want and seek Him.

"For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people. And we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God, while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed. He gave His life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us His very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds." Titus 2:11-14

As Christians we have something ALL the Jones' of this world are searching for but have yet to find. Jesus Christ lives in us and we need to be all about Him so that they might see that all that stuff in each and every color just doesn't bring the joy that the love of God does. It's funny. All those colors fade. They lose their appeal after awhile and get chucked in the back of the closet. God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He never loses His luster! He shines before all. He just needs us to put Him on and wear His name. Let that tag show!! Ever have anyone asking, "Who are you wearing?" Well, in my small town I don't think that is going to happen, but if it did? Well, I should be walking in such a way that it is obvious who I am wearing.   He is that designer tag that everyone will one day realize is the must have of the season. After all, if you are not wearing, Jesus Christ, you are not wearing nothing at all!!

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...