Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Looking Glass

The shutter of the camera. The beauty on the other side makes my heart smile. As I am sitting in awe of my granddaughter I am clicking the camera away. Each photo capturing something new. But does it capture all my heart feels? All my eyes see? All my ears hear as I witness, Peyton, before me as beauty breathless?

Each photo only grasps a tiny glimpse of what my heart reaches for and clasps with tender love. Oh, her smile. That grin of all grins. As she moves about I focus on her and only her. Everything else around me doesn't matter. The joy one little girl can bring to the heart of another cannot be captured all by the click of a camera. It only touches the surface of what is really going on in the heart, the mind and all the senses.

Through the looking glass do I see all God has for me? As the scene changes, as the shutter clicks do I see each picture before me with new eyes? With a whole vision of all the beauty before me? Each moment of life can be captured if we are looking through the wide lens. Each moment can be a time of pure worship as the shutter opens to each new view.

What is the view in front of you? Are you allowing your circumstances to cloud your vision? Is your pain blocking the emotions that we are to feel in worship? I know in my life I have allowed the circumstances reaching us to cloud my vision. Everything seemed to be blocked and overlooked as I only focused on what was in front of me. I couldn't see past the pain.

God is creating in me a new vision. A girl who is beginning to see all around her. My senses are coming alive and I am seeing things I once passed up. My thoughts are not just upon my concerns. In fact, I am learning to let them go and trust God with everything. I am learning to reach for His grace in all. I want to look through His looking glass and capture the beauty in every moment. I want to go beyond the photograph and see what is really there to be felt in my heart. I want to reach for more. I want to see more and hear more. The only way to do so is to let go of self and reach for all He has for me.

Just as I watch, Peyton, smile it's like watching her dance in stardust. Each frame tells something different. As the shutter only captures a glimpse of what is before me I want to take it all in and dance with her. I want to feel like I have never felt before. I want to live worship. I want to walk in praise.

Who knew? One little girl would come into my life and show me how to let go and dance? I am dancing to a new song. I am seeing with my heart. Everything is light. Trusting God means living worship. It means embracing each moment and soaking it all in like a summer rain. It's kicking off your shoes and running through the grass barefoot.

Don't allow the circumstances around you steal your heart away. Don't allow the evils in this world cloud your vision of the beauty. Don't take one moment for granted, but instead soak each one in as if it were your last.

"You will see the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul." Deuteronomy 4:29

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...