Monday, January 17, 2011

My one word SURRENDER

What a challenge. To begin the year with one word. For me, it all comes down to SURRENDER. That is my one word for the year. If I am to be all Christ has called me to be than I must surrender. I am to to grow in my Christian walk I must surrender. It cannot be about me, but it must be about Christ. In surrendering I am giving Christ authority over my life. I am being obedient. On my journey with Christ if I surrender He can lead. In following Him I will always be right where I am to be. Listen to the definition of surrender:

1)The action of yielding one's person or giving up the possession of something into the power of another.
2) The relinquishment by a patentee of rights or claims under a patent
3) The delivery of a principal into lawful custody by bail called also surrender by bail.
4) The voluntary cancellation of the legal liability of an insurance company by the insured and the beneficiary for a consideration
5) The delivery of fugitive from justice by one government to another
6) An instance of surrendering
7) To yield to the power, control, or possession of another upon compulsion or demand

This is my Christian walk with my Savior. Yielding myself to Him. Giving Him all power and control. There is contentment in giving all to Him. I find safety in arms of protection.  He is the One who gave all so that I could have life. I relinquish all my rights into the authority of Christ. He cancels out all debt. He has paid my debt in full with His blood on Calvary. He delivers me from this life of sin into the next by His grace. He redeems all I owe by His gift on the cross. When I surrender He then lives in me. In surrender I totally trust. In surrender my faith becomes action. In my surrender I am becoming all He has created me to be.

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Galatians 2:20

"For it we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. For he who has died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:5-11




 

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...