Monday, January 17, 2011

Living in Victory!!

A few weeks ago my pastor preached on praying in victory. I would like to think I have an intimate relationship with the Lord. I mean I pray and talk to Him all day. I wake in the night and speak His name. But after hearing praying in victory, this completely has changed my prayer life.

Starting to pray in victory for me was not praying any longer for my needs, but for what the Lord has for me. I began praying and thanking God for what He has done and is doing. Praying with the belief that the Lord is accomplishing His will brings such contentment and peace. A peace I cannot even explain. Praying with trust and faith. I have to admit I have sent up a few prayers that had doubt written all over them. That is no way no pray my friends. There is no doubt in faith. Only trust and hope.

So, I changed my way of praying. I began to pray for my husband differently too. See, this is where the Lord shows Himself to me. I started praying not just for a job, but one my husband would love. Not just for a high paying job, but one close to home. I began praying for a job where my husband would be home every night. That is something that hasn't happened in years. I prayed for a job that my husband would enjoy going to daily and one where not only others would be blessed, but he too would be blessed and changed. In my prayer, I thanked God for giving him the job He desires for my husband.

On that Monday my husband received a call from a new grocery store opening up in town. My husband was hired right on the spot of meeting with this man. This man who is now his boss. My husband will be a butcher in a few months time. Meanwhile he will have other duties to perform in the store. Like stocking shelves and unloading trucks. Even working that register. Is it a high paying job? Nope. Starts out at very little. Within a few months his pay will double and he will have benefits. Insurance!

See, for me, it isn't about money any longer. We have made it by God's grace for over two long years on barely nothing. It can be done and you know, we are better for it. God has done a work in our hearts that has changed us. This would have never happened if we had been going in the same direction we were. It is now about enjoying each day. It is about making every single moment about Christ. It is about praying in victory. I had to learn to totally surrender to God. I had to give Him my doubts and fears. I had to give the control I wanted. The Holy Spirit washed over me and filled me with peace and contentment. I have a new joy by simply praying in victory. God knows what tomorrow will bring and He too knows what is best for me and my family.

The first thing my husband's boss said to him was, "You have made a lot of money Mr. Prater." My husband's answer was, "Yes I have, but it's no longer about that." I am proud to stand next to my husband today. I have watched this man go through so much. I have seen Satan attack him and make him feel as though he was nothing. But, my husband never gave up and I was not going to give up either. I am sure it will still get much worse before it gets better. Those bills have been piling up for a long time. But we have something that can only be given by God. Peace.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring. This job could last for a week for all I know. It could last for years. My husband could become a manager or have a store of his own. God only knows, but one thing I do know. This is right where God has called him to be. This was an answer to praying in victory.

Now, don't get me wrong. God is not a genie. Praying doesn't mean we are going to have our answer right then. Everything in God's perfect timing. Remember, two years have gone by. That is a lot of learning to be still. We have been still and we have listened to the Lord. We have waited on His answer.

My friends, we live so much by what others think. We live to try to have it all. We want everything when we want it. It is simply finding pure joy in every day no matter what comes along. No matter your circumstance God is real. He is moving on your behalf and He hears your prayer. His will for us might be something totally different than what we ever expected. I know my husband never expected to be working in a local grocery store. But God opened a door and it is a door filled with hope. Praying in victory is allowing our faith to become action. Don't just assume because your circumstances are difficult there is no other way. Where we think all is impossible God has a way of showing Himself.  God provides and He will guide you to a new hope through trust and obedience to His word.

(James 4:10)  Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he will exalt you.





(Matthew 21:22) 22 All things, whatever you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”"





(I Thessalonians 5:17-18)  Pray without ceasing.  In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus toward you.





(Philippians 4:6) 6 In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.


AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...