Saturday, January 8, 2011

It's one of those kind of days

This morning I posted to status' on my FB page. The first said, “A faith that hasn't been tested can't be trusted.” Adrian Rogers.... Our faith will be tested through trials and struggles. The way for our faith to grow is to keep our eyes focused on what the Lord is doing and not our circumstances. Believe and pray in victory!! He has already won the war!! The second post said, "Does anyone ever just want to pack up and move far far away and make a new beginning? I am ready. I just need a bag big enough and a destination!!"  Sound like I am fighting my flesh today? You betcha.

I wake with such determination to focus only on the Lord and where do you think my thoughts are headed within ten minutes? You got it, right back to Ms. Pity Party. Here I am posting a statement about struggles testing our faith and an hour later I am posting that I would love to move far away. LOL Even if I did move do I really think those struggles would stay behind?

I want to encourage others, but I also must be real. Walking in faith is not saying struggle is not present. Struggle is very active in our walk with Christ. I think I am just tired of daily struggle, but aren't we all? We all have struggles that are different. Some have just begun while others have been on the road longer. Can we really say one struggle is harder than another? I am not so sure we can. I think all struggle is prevalent. It all matters. It's really easy for us to look at others and say, "There are many who are hurting worse." Yes, there are, but does that make our hurt any less? Hurt is hurt and it effects us all differently.

Some let things just simply roll of their back while others take it to heart and it deeply hurts. We hide our pain and try to put on a smile. Sometimes are pain can no longer hide itself, but it rages through us and effects every aspect of our lives. So, what do we do? I don't want to hide. I want to be real. In my weakness I am crying out to the Lord to give me strength.

Today I am wrapping myself in chores. It's easy to clean out a fridge when there is no food in it. I am cleaning out cabinets and sweeping floors. I have laundry going and I am moving from one task to another. I have my paper out and I am just going to start writing down all my feelings. Words or half sentences. It doesn't matter as long I remove all that hurt and anger dwelling within me. It has to be released. I must remove all doubt. If it isn't I can't focus on Christ. I will just simply sit here and soak in my tears today. In letting go I can move closer to Christ leaving my pain behind. Sure, I might pick it back up in a few hours, but then I just must let it all go again and leave it at the foot of the cross. It is not my burden to carry.

As I lay my burdens down today I am choosing to pick up every thought of thanks. Every inspirational quote and every scripture that will help me to stand firm in the word and find myself in the presence of the Lord. Since I began writing, Simply Robin, I have had to focus each day on being thankful. Why is that so easy for us to forget? We wrap ourselves in that blanket of self and we don't want to look any farther than that. I am learning it is that very struggle, that moment in which I think I can't do it anymore that the Lord shows me I can. I can through Him and Him alone.

Philippians 4:6-9 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...