Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Moving the furniture again?

My husband would leave out to travel across country and come home in the middle of the night only to bang his toe or trip over a table after I had spent the day rearranging furniture. I just have to chuckle at that. It seemed to happen often. He would tell me, "Just let me know when your at it again so I know to beware when I enter the house."

I seem to get this itch and want to move things around. I like change when I am the one changing it. Hmm, sound familiar to you too? My husband would say he hates change. He is the one who seems to become injured.

We move things around and bring in new stuff. Before long we have clutter surrounding us. Then we remove all that clutter and begin all over. Instead of us rearranging around us, might we make room for God and allow Him to design our life.

Our lives can become so cluttered with stuff that we don't even need. The things we think we need we can do without. God knows exactly what needs to be there and what needs to go.

"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your heart is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21

"While we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:18

Without all the clutter we can see the Lord clearly. Without all the stuff we have room for Him. We try to rearrange things and then invite God in during the middle of night and expect Him to find His way around our stuff. I can't tell you the times I have tried that. God isn't going to bang His toe on our stuff, He is going to remove it so He has a clear path to us. Don't let your stuff get in the way of what is really important. Let God do the cleaning for once and everything will be in it's right place.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...