Friday, December 10, 2010

LETS CHAT FRIDAY with Lisa Reimer Whittle

Every once in a while you meet someone who just stands out and allows Christ to take the lead and shine. Lisa is one of those girls. She is a remarkable writer and an inspirational speaker. Lisa is not only beautiful, she is totally real. I love her honesty and her pure heart. I am honored to have her visit the Nest. I am tickled to share our chat with you. Her ministry touches many lives for the glory of God.

(Robin) Lisa, tell me a little about yourself
(Lisa) Wow. That's a loaded question. But I guess I'd say that I'm a woman who is passionately in love with Jesus, my family, and ministering to the church.



(Robin)  Since you have walked with the Lord has there been a time you struggled in your faith? If so, would you please share?
(Lisa) Sure. I've struggled more times than one, and I share about those times alot on my blog and in my books. I'd say one time I struggled alot was when my husband lost his job and was out of work for an extended period of time. There were times I wondered why God didn't deliver us from financial and emotional hard times, and my faith was severely tested.


(Robin) Has there been an "aha" moment in your life that has changed your perspective?
(Lisa) Again, I've had more than one of these. I write about one in my new book. It was a time when I was confronted about playing the Jesus game at camp by someone I barely knew. I never forgot about it, so much so that it made it into my new book. :)


(Robin) Do you have a favorite bible story, verse, song or hymn that gives encouragement when struggles come?
(Lisa) I learned a verse as a child I refer to often. Psalm 56:3: "But when I am afraid, I will trust in you." It's so simple, yet so powerful. I also love Zephaniah 3:17. And a song from long ago by Amy Grant called "All I Ever Have to Be" ministers to my soul.


(Robin) What is one thing you look for in a close friend and what is one quality you hope others see in you?
(Lisa) Loyalty is a big one. I want to both get it from and give it to my friends.


(Robin) What are a few of your favorite books you have in your collection you would share with a friend?
(Lisa) The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning is one of my all time favorites. Revolution by George Barna changed my life. Anything by Joni Eareckson Tada I read.


(Robin) When life seems to go crazy, what is one thing you do to bring comfort and peace?
(Lisa) My spiritual answer (and a truthful one) is that I get to a place of quiet and talk to Jesus. It's really the moment I feel most at peace. On a less spiritual note, bubble baths do me wonders. :)


(Robin) What is one thing about yourself you admire?
(Lisa) My strength.


(Robin) What are a few of the things you love surrounding you?
(Lisa) My family. My fluffy black dog who sits at my feet while I write. My favorite Bible. Pictures in my home. My bed and pillow.


(Robin) What are your deepest passions?
(Lisa) To serve God and be the kind of person that represents Him well. To pursue holiness. To become better and have positive influence.


(Robin) What is the best advice ever given to you?
(Lisa) Take the word "busy" out of your vocabulary. It creates distance between you and someone else.


(Robin) In the legacy you leave, what is one thing you hope out shines before all others?
(Lisa) That I loved Jesus and served Him well.


(Robin) What are you currently working on?
(Lisa) My third book, due out in September.


(Robin) How do you define success?
(Lisa) Funny you should ask -- I just wrote a blog on that today! You'll have to come to my blog to find out. :)

Friends, I invite you to check out Lisa's blog. I visit daily and wow, you will find  some powerful messages there! Like I said, Lisa is honest and that is something I admire about her. She is not afraid to touch any subject. You can also find Lisa at She Seeks. I never leave without a precious nugget to carry away. For me today, that nugget is to take the word busy out of my vocabulary. Amen sister. We seem to be busy with what we want to be busy with, letting the really important things go. It seems it is easy for us to say, "I don't have time", when all we must simply do is make the time. Take the time and reach out to another. When in fact we should make Jesus first and then everything else will fall right into its place. 

Lisa, thank you for stopping in to chat. You are a breath of fresh air. Blessings to you as you continue to let your light shine for Christ.

Please share with Lisa just how you were blessed today. I know she would love to hear from you!!

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...