Friday, October 1, 2010

LETS CHAT FRIDAY with VANNETTA CHAPMAN

I am finding that the more I am blessed to do interviews with such humble, giving people, the more I am learning about myself. I love hearing the wisdom of others. Letting their words soak in so I can ponder over them.  I love seeing others live their lives for the Lord and serve each moment with a purpose. Not letting one moment pass in waste. I was blessed to read, "A Simple Amish Christmas" for review. If you have not reached for this book yet, you must grab it for the coming season. Grab yourself a warm drink, curl up and begin to turn the pages. It is one you will enjoy and want to pass on to others. I am so happy to have Vannetta here at the Nest. She is one of those woman who just seem to be filled with a great joy that reaches others just by her presence. Joy is contagious and I believe we can catch an abundant amount by this special lady. I simply believe the more we share the more we grow. When we open our hearts to others we not only give a gift for them to treasure, but we too learn about ourselves with each piece of our heart we share. Get comfortable my friends. You are in for a treat.

(Robin) Vannetta, tell me a little about yourself

(Vannetta) I've been writing for 11 years - the first 5 as a freelance writer doing pieces in Christian family life magazines. The last 6 I've been writing novels. A Simple Amish Christmas is my 9th, though it's my first inspirational to be published.


(Robin) Since you have walked with the Lord has there been a time you struggled in your faith? If so, would you please share?
(Vannetta) I wouldn't say there's been a time that I've struggled in my faith. I've been blessed to have a very simplistic attitude in life and in my faith. Of course I have had STRUGGLES, and some of those have been extreme like when I was a single mom, but I always knew God had a plan for me and that eventually, given enough time, I would understand what it was.


(Robin) Has there been an "aha" moment in your life that has changed your perspective?
(Vannetta) Hmm. Of course my attitude has changed as I've grown older. I worry less about trivial things, and I don't hold on to anger at all -- there's simply not enough time left. I turn 48 next year, so I must be close to middle-aged! One "aha" moment in particular I recall was when my son was young and I was a nervous mother. My mom asked me if I trusted God or not, and I thought that was a bit harsh, but she pushed me even more. She said either I believed the things I professed or I didn't, and if I did, then I should rest easy at night knowing my child was safe ALWAYS. That was a real turning point in my adult life.


(Robin) Do you have a favorite bible story, verse, song or hymn that gives encouragement when struggles come?
(Vannetta) Absolutely, Jeremiah 29:11. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."



(Robin) What is one thing you look for in a close friend and what is one quality you hope others see in you?
(Vannetta) Compassion. I try to be kind and that's what I look for in others - simple kindness.


(Robin) What are a few of your favorite books you have in your collection you would share with a friend?
(Vannetta) Cindy Woodsmall's "Hope of Refuge"

Josh Hamilton's "Beyond Belief"

Max Lucado's "Grace for the Moment"


(Robin) When life seems to go crazy, what is one thing you do to bring comfort and peace?
(Vannetta) I play the piano. It's what I've always done to calm myself, to connect with God, and to just balance those emotions inside.


(Robin) What is one thing about yourself you admire?
(Vannetta) I like that I'm not a whiner. I have a very positive outlook on life, and I have my parents to thank for that - I think it was genetically passed on to me.


(Robin) What are a few of the things you love surrounding you?
(Vannetta) I live in the country now, and I adore that. It's very peaceful. We have deer in our yard, are surrounded by oak trees, and it's just beautiful. I love being able to take a walk out through the woods or go and sit in the hammock and watch the deer.


(Robin) What are your deepest passions?
(Vannetta) People, music, words, my family, and of course my faith.


(Robin) What is the best advice ever given to you?
(Vannetta) "Live your life." I don't even remember who said it, but the general idea really stuck with me - to stop blaming your circumstances, other people, or whatever stands between you and your dreams. It's your life. Live it.


(Robin) In the legacy you leave, what is one thing you hope out shines before all others?
(Vanetta) Grace. If in any small way, what I write and the way I live can point toward God's grace, then I'll be satisfied.


(Robin) What are you currently working on?
(Vannetta) Three books for Zondervan entitled Shipshewana Amish Mystery series. These are fun stories set in Indiana that center around two women (one Amish, one Englisch), a quilt shop, and a murder.


(Robin) How do you define success?
(Vannetta) I think success is when you're able to do what you feel called to do. For me, that's writing, and since I'm doing it - I feel pretty successful. Selling a lot of books would be great too, but real success for me is getting up in the morning and feeling good about what you need to do that day.

Such simple words that leave a powerful impact on one.  I simply love how you bring all things together with such a deep faith. What wonderful words from your mother. Just simply asking, "Do you believe or not?" I want to walk with a faith like that. One with no doubt, only belief in the Savior, trusting Him every step of the way. Thank you Vannetta. You have blessed me today. I know you have blessed my readers. Please leave Vannetta a few of your thoughts letting her know just how you were blessed by her words today.

If you would like to follow Vannetta and see all she is up to just follow these links:

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...