Friday, October 1, 2010

LETS CHAT FRIDAY with LYNN RUSH

I was so excited when Lynn accepted my invitation to be a guest here at the Nest! I became friends with Lynn on Facebook. Seems to be the place where the Lord keeps blessing me with amazing friendships who make my journey sweeter and are teaching me valuable lessons I am taking to heart. Lynn is one of those girls who inspires. Yes, this girl, with her bike inspires me to keep pushing forward. She inspires me to try harder and not give up, pressing forward. I don't think she even knows the impact she has made on my life. Well, she does now. lol  With Fibromyalgia it is hard to keep going and moving, but Lynn made me look at life through new eyes. She gave me a vision of being healthy, exercising and having fun doing so! So Lynn, thank you for inspiring me not only in motivation, but in writing. My friends, this girl can write! You see a deep passion in her words. Over at her blog she involves her readers and invites them to be part of her journey. I just simply love that about her!  Before we get to our chat, here are a few things about Lynn.

Lynn has both an undergraduate and graduate degree in the mental health field and has enjoyed applying that unique knowledge to developing interesting characters. When Lynn’s not writing, she spends time enjoying the Arizona sunshine by road biking with her husband of fourteen years and going on five-mile jogs with her loveable Shetland Sheep dogs. She always makes time to read a good speculative fiction novel, her favorites being Frank Peretti, PC Cast, Charlaine Harris and Stephanie Meyer.
I’m very active online, so come find me!

Catch the Rush: http://www.lynnrush.com/
My Agent: Cari Foulk: http://tribelit.com/

Lynn Rush began her writing career in 2008, since then producing twelve paranormal romance novels. She is actively involved with Romance Writers of America (RWA) and its special interest chapter Fantasy, Futuristic and Paranormal (FF&P).



Here is our chat!! Enjoy and be blessed!!

(Robin)  Lynn, tell me a little about yourself

(Lynn) I’m pretty boring, actually. You can find me sitting around home with the laptop perched on my lap, writing pretty much every day…and yes, even Friday nights! **LOL** But as for the basics . . . I’m thirty-something, been married for fourteen years to my soulmate, Charlie. We don’t have kids, but we have two Shelties, Herky and Maddux.

And yep, they’re both named after things we love: Iowa Hawkeyes (Herky) and Greg Maddux (former Atlanta Braves pitcher).

I’m an exercise nut, logging over 100 miles per week on my bike, and I’m currently training to run a half marathon up in beautiful Sedona, Arizona. So, life is pretty routined, but I love it!


(Robin)  Since you have walked with the Lord has there been a time you struggled in your faith? If so, would you please share?
(Lynn) I would say undergraduate school was when I struggled the most. On my own for the first time, no rules, regulations, and no home church. The group I’d been connected with back in high school was FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes- http://www.fca.org/)
 didn’t have a chapter on my college campus. So, I floundered a little to find out where I fit in. I eventually started up an FCA chapter and got hooked in with some great friends and influences.


(Robin)  Has there been an "aha" moment in your life that has changed your perspective?
(Lynn) There have been a few, but the major one I remember is:

I used to do inline speed skating, pretty seriously for a while. Even had a coach who mapped out my daily workouts and everything. I thought I wanted to try and go pro, get sponsored and “make my mark,” etc. . .

Yeah, well, in 2006 I started getting plagued with unexplained injuries. It was very frustrating, because it was holding me back from what I wanted to do. So, at a race, which I had high hopes of placing and doing really well, I totally bonked.

Yeah, as in choked. Freaked out. Panicked.

I barely finished the race.

It was then that I finally realized that I needed to get my life balanced out. Skating had become my only focus in life. It’d consumed me. But I had a husband, a job, and a family that I’d pushed to the side.

So I’d say that really hit me like a 2 x 4 over the head. But it was good.


(Robin)  Do you have a favorite bible story, verse, song or hymn that gives encouragement when struggles come?
(Lynn) Ephesians 6:12: For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the power of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

***and***

James 1:2-3: Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.


(Robin)  What is one thing you look for in a close friend and what is one quality you hope others see in you?
(Lynn) I look for unconditional support and honesty in my friends. I can be a little stinker sometimes, and I need a friend who will love me through it and not be afraid to call me on my attitude. I hope to be that for my friends as well.


(Robin) What are a few of your favorite books you have in your collection you would share with a friend?
(Lynn) I have quite a few, but This Present Darkness, by Frank Peretti, was the most influential to me in the beginning.

And yes, I’ll admit it: I’d share all the Twilight books Stephanie Meyer wrote with my friends. 


(Robin)  When life seems to go crazy, what is one thing you do to bring comfort and peace?
(Lynn) Hang out with my hubby. I couldn’t imagine getting through anything without him. He and I will hop on our road bikes and ride for a bunch of miles. It’s time for me to think and pray and just…be.


(Robin)  What is one thing about yourself you admire?
(Lynn) Wow, I’ve never been asked this before. Kinda threw me for a loop. I’ve been told I’m a happy person, and I like that. If my smile or positive attitude can help someone else who is maybe having a rough day, then I’m happy.


(Robin)  What are a few of the things you love surrounding you?
(Lynn) I’m sitting in my spare bedroom right now and to my right sits my Bible and a few books I’m reading such as Paranormalcy, by Kiersten White and So Over It, by Stephanie Morrill, so that makes me happy for sure. But one more thing that just makes me smile. . . my sweet dog, Herky, is lying on the floor to the left of my feet! That just makes me happy!


(Robin)  What are your deepest passions?
(Lynn) Being a good wife to Charlie, writing a novel that someone will enjoy reading someday, and making a positive impact on the people surrounding me whether it be the people I know online or my friends down the street.


(Robin)  What is the best advice ever given to you?
(Lynn) “Take the next step.”

After I’d written my first novel I was telling my friend, Michele, that I wasn’t sure what I should do next. I’d never planned on ever being a writer so I was completely clueless.

She just looked at me and said, “Take the next step. See where it takes you.”

So I did, and I never would have guessed it would lead to writing several more novels and getting an agent!


(Robin)  In the legacy you leave, what is one thing you hope out shines before all others?
(Lynn) That I was a loving person.


(Robin) What are you currently working on?
(Lynn) I just finished up Soul Saver (http://wp.me/PkfPH-1LK)
and am starting to toss around a few new ideas for sequels to Wasteland (http://wp.me/PkfPH-13v)
and Violet Midnight (http://wp.me/PkfPH-em)so we’ll see where it leads.


(Robin)  How do you define success?
(Lynn) That’s a great question. For me, it’s using the gifts bestowed upon me to make a difference. Right now that seems to be writing and being a wife. Those are two things I love to do, and I’m going to do them to the best of my ability so I can make a positive impact on people’s lives.



Lynn, thank you so much for stopping in and sharing your heart with us. What a blessing are you and all your life speaks! Yes, I love the fact we can just simply take the next step. I seem to get stuck right where I am instead of moving along. What great encouragement and wisdom in those simple words. Check out Lynn's blog and all she is doing. Take this time to share your heart with Lynn. Leave her a comment letting her know just how she blesses you. May blessings always follow you Lynn!!

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...