Friday, October 29, 2010

LETS CHAT FRIDAY with Lynn Martin Cowell

I would like to welcome Lynn to the Nest. I am so glad to have you join us for another Friday where we can learn and grow together. I think Lynn and I would get along just fantastic! She has a passion for youth just as I do. You can visit Lynn's site just for young women at www.RadRevolution.org. You can also find Lynn at http://www.lynncowell.com/. Lynn is also part of the Proverbs31 Ministries team. http://www.proverbs31.org/ Lynn is one of those ladies who values friendship and truth. Isn't it wonderful to be surrounded by women filled with love and passion? As women we can learn so many valuable lessons from one another. We can make this walk sweeter just by walking in faith together through encouragement. Lifting one another up. When we open up and share we are allowing others to always know they are not alone in their fears and struggles. Being a mother is the hardest job in the world next to being a wife. It takes 100% of our heart and commitment. When we are real others see Christianity at it's best. I love being a part of Fridays at the Nest. Here is our chat. I pray you are blessed today. Please share your thoughts with Lynn and I. We would love to hear all that blesses you!!


(Robin) Lynn, could you please tell us a little about yourself?
(Lynn)  I live in Charlotte, North Carolina with my husband of 23 years, Greg. Our three teens keep us very busy with rugby, softball, music of all types and any thing we can do outdoors. I love sushi, peanut butter and chocolate combined and my Appalachian State sweatshirt.

(Robin) Since you have walked with the Lord has there been a time you struggled? If so, would you please share?
(Lynn) Just like any other woman who loves God and purposes to live her life in love with Him, I have definitely had my struggles! The hardest time in my life (so far!) has been in raising my three teens. As parents, we have dreams for our children. We invest in their lives and in faith, believe that all will go well. The toughest thing for me has been to realize that my children have a free will just like I do! C.S. Lewis said it was terrible and wonderful both at the same time. He was so right. Over the past year, I have had to do a lot of releasing; allowing my children to write their story with God, especially when the script is not the one I had planned!


(Robin) Has there been an "aha" moment in your life that has changed your perspective?
(Lynn) As a college-aged woman, through some amazing mentors, I discovered that Jesus was flipped-out, madly in love with me. That changed everything. Learning that there was nothing I could do to make Him love me more made me love Him more! Song of Solomon came alive to me as I read that He was enthralled with me. He said He was mine and I was His. The thing that I had always wanted, which was to be wanted, was found in Him. He was not only my shepherd, savior and best friend, he is my love for my life time. THAT changed everything.


(Robin) Do you have a favorite bible story, verse, song or hymn that gives encouragement when struggles come?
(Lynn) I soak my heart in the truth of just how He sees me: “…the King is wild for you.” Psalm 45:11 The Message. Just knowing that the King of everything created is crazy about me settles my heart; puts my performing mind to rest.


(Robin) What is one thing you look for in a close friend and what is one quality you hope others see in you?
(Lynn) I look for a friend who isn’t afraid of my dirt and is honest enough to let me see her’s as well. My dearest friend calls it “opening your front door”. We need friends who know exactly what is going on with us and loves us just the same! I hope that others will find me to be a friend who loves unconditionally and never judges.


(Robin) What are a few of your favorite books you have in your collection you would share with a friend?
(Lynn) “Redeeming Love” Francine Rivers


“Principle of the Path” Andy Stanley


“Sun Stand Still” Steven Furtick


(Robin) When life seems to go crazy, what is one thing you do to bring comfort and peace?
(Lynn) Getting alone with Jesus; tea, Bible and journal near by. The best place to do that is in the mountains!


(Robin) What is one thing about yourself you admire?
(Lynn) I have come to the realization that not every one gets just how wild about them Jesus is. Knowing this just gives my life such an enormous amount of peace and confidence; confidence that my Love always, always has my best in mind.


(Robin) What are a few of the things you love surrounding you?
(Lynn) My husband and kids. Worn out sweatshirts. If I can get to them, the Blue Ridge Mountains.


(Robin) What are your deepest passions?
(Lynn) To lead teens and their moms to find their completion in Christ. When we get that He completes us, we can change the world.


(Robin) What is the best advice ever given to you?
(Lynn) Loosing my life in Him, surrendering it daily, is where I will find true life.


(Robin) In the legacy you leave, what is one thing you hope out shines before all others?
(Lynn) She got that Jesus really was crazy about her and she spent her life sharing that with others.


(Robin) What are you currently working on?

(Lynn) I have my first book being released in April titled “His Revolutionary Love; Jesus’ Radical Pursuit of You”. It is a book for teen girls revealing the love changing love of Jesus.

(Robin) How do you define success?
(Lynn) When those around me can see Jesus and the joy in my life spills over daily to them.




Lynn, thank you for taking time to come by. I just knew you would fill this Friday with blessings. Congratulations on the new book coming out! You go girl! Lots of nuggets to carry away this week. I love When we get that He completes us, we can change the world. We are children of the King of kings. We are His princess, each and every one of us. With Him living in us we have the power to change this world and reach others for Him. I pray you continue to reach many, empowering them in finding themselves in Christ Jesus!! I encourage you to visit Lynn's sites and see all she is doing.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...