Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Do you have an emergency? God is on the way!

When we are in need what is it that we do? We yell for someone to call 9-1-1. We rush to the phone and scream out for help. We are terrified, unsure, and we need the strength to make it through. We have these situations happening to us daily. We have a man who loses his job and now his family has no insurance. We have a woman who just found out her cancer is not in remission, but spreading. A son has lost his mother and now is alone. A child is mistreated, abused and bullied, fearing his life. A wife receives notice her husband has been killed in battle. A young man is killed because of his color. Each day our dreams come crashing down. Our security is wavered. What happens when we are crushed and falling to our knees in despair? Is there someone for us to call? Is there someone who will listen? Is there someone who will act on our behalf? Yes indeed my friends!!

Psalm 91:1 "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty."

Psalm 9:9-11 "The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; for You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You. Sing praises to the Lord, who dwells in Zion!"

Here we have scripture we can turn to in our 9-1-1 moment. He is there to listen and to lift us up with His strength. Need some more strength?

Isaiah 40:31 "But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."

Psalm 27:1 "The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?"

Psalm 29:11 "The Lord will give strength to His people; The Lord will bless His people with peace."

Psalm 46:1 "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."

Psalm 61:3-4 "For You have been a shelter for me, a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings."

Psalm 138:7 "Through I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me. The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands."

There are times we are so scared and the tears keep falling. We don't know what will happen and we don't know where to turn. We can turn to the Lord my friends. He is there with a mighty strength that will conquer our fears and triumph over adversity. May we fall to our knees in prayer giving the Lord every worry and fear.

Philippians 4:6-7 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:19 "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

May we search the Lord with all our heart and allow Him to do a mighty work in us. It is when we turn to Him that He in all His glory will move through us, filling us and reaching others.

Psalm 139:23-24 "Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

We must not allow our circumstances to steal away our faith. May our faith only be strengthened by placing our trust in God. Many circumstances we cannot change, but we can change the way we think and feel through those circumstances by turning to God in our moment of despair. Many times we never realize how much we need the Lord until the Lord is all we have left. He will meet us where we are. He will meet us right there in that moment we are crying out.

Psalm 46:10-11 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"

He is enough my friends. He is everything. In Him we find life, refuge and safety. We find redemption, forgiveness and we can hear His whisper of love above the roar of fear and shoutings of unrest.

2 Corinthians 12:9 "And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I weak, then I am strong."

Be still my friends, hold on, the Lord is coming. He is on His way. He knows our needs and He is washing us in His mighty strength. It is in our weakness that we truly find His strength. He is bigger than any Goliath we will ever face. Run to Him. It is in Him we find all we need!!

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...