Friday, September 3, 2010

LET'S CHAT FRIDAY with KRISTA KLASSEN

Krista is full of encouragment and joy! You see joy just through her writing an email, or sending just a little hello. She is one of those cheerleaders you want in your corner. I am blessed to have her in mine. As you will see she loves the Lord and wants to share His love with others. She is just a gem. One of those priceless girls to have by your side forever. I see the Lord doing great and mighty things in Krista's life. On those days in which I am having a hard time, I never fail to see one of her cheerful messages there to brighten my day. I know you will be blessed by her visit to the Nest just as I am.

(Robin) Hi Krista, can you tell us a little about yourself?
(Krista) Hi ... My name is Krista & I am soon-to-be 31-years of age. I was born & spent the first 16-years of life in the ever sooooo incredibly wonderful/awesome country of Indonesia. I am still single ... so have no children here yet of my own ... but have 5 absolutely wonderful nephews & nieces ... who are some of my greatest loves ... joys & blessings in life. Took my ECD (Early Childhood Development) Training (a 2-year program) immediately upon my completion of high-school. And ... since then ... have been working with children of a variety of different ages (mostly in day care ... but also with some special needs in the school system as well). I absolutely love & thoroughly enjoy music, as well as reading, & have been singing with my Church Choir here now for the past approx. 10-years ... prior to that I worked a couple of years in the Children's Ministry. I am a very social ... fun-loving individual ... who really treasures her family & friends & who absolutely loves & thoroughly enjoys life. And ... as of the past couple of years here ... have been struggling & dealing with some health concerns. Sooooo ... to wrap it up ... I am a girl who has an ever sooooo incredibly blessed life & God ... my family & my friends are my absolute everything. Well ... this kinda sums up who I am & my life in an ever sooooo incredibly brief "nutshell."

(Robin) Since you have walked with the Lord has there been a time you struggled in your faith? If so, would you please share?
(Krista) Yes ... many times ... due to many years of feeling an extreme sense of loneliness (when I was away from home/boarding school grades 6-9 & as I moved back & settled to life here in Canada) & I am sure that there were other times as well ... but my mind unfortunately is failing me here right now. HaHaHa ... LoL!! :D) But ... each & every time ... my faith & my relationship with the Lord has grown deeper & stronger & so I wouldn't trade any of these times (nooooo matter how tremendously difficult they were at the time) for anything.

(Robin) Has there been an "aha" moment in your life that has changed your perspective? (Krista) Wow ... just one?! Having been born & raised in the country of Indonesia ... there have been many "aha" moments that have drastically/totally & completely changed my perspective. Really & truly think that if I had been born & raised here ... that I would have a very different way of seeing things. One "aha" moment most definitely would have to be when I first returned back to this "side of the pond" & discovered that not everyone has all of the same privileges that are found here in North America. A story comes to mind of when I was a lil' girl ... about 5-years old ... having just returned back from Canada for the very first time. My mouth literally fell open when I saw the Indonesian children again. Before that I had never noticed any differences between them & myself ... color of skin ... clothing ... or any other differences. Up until then ... I saw them simply in the very same way that I saw myself.


(Robin) Do you have a favorite bible story, verse, song or hymn that gives encouragement when struggles come?
(Krista) Ohhh ... have ever sooooo many favorite stories in the Bible ... verses & hymns ... gonna be ever sooooo incredibly hard to pick & to share just one.
But I would have to say that 1 of my all-time favorite stories in the Bible ... is of David & Jonathan. A verse: "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength - Philippians 4:13" & a favorite hymn: "What A Friend We Have In Jesus."

(Robin) What is one thing you look for in a close friend and what is one quality you hope others see in you?
(Krista) I look for someone who is spiritually in tune with God & someone who loves & encourages & lifts up each & every heart & life that crosses their path. And ... this is exactly the type of person that I too desire & strive to be ... each & every moment ... of each & every day ... in all that I say ... do & everywhere that I go.

(Robin) What are a few of your favorite books you have in your collection you would share with a friend?
(Krista) Wow ... how I absolutely love & thoroughly enjoy books (I own & read as much as time allows) ... music & friends. These 3 are some of my "top favorites." Wasn't ever supposed to learn how to read according to a teacher in my younger/early years of schooling ... but that just shows that nothing is impossible with God ... what does man know?! Have an absolutely huge list of "favorite/to share with friends books" ... but here are just the requested three.Non-Fiction:1) "Choosing to See ... A Journey of Struggle and Hope" (By: Mary Beth Chapman & Ellen Vaughn)2) "The Power Of A Praying Life" (By: Stormie Omartian)
3) "If You Want To Walk On Water You Have Got To Get Out Of The Boat (By: John Ortberg) Fiction:1)"How Do I Love Thee" (By: Nancy Moser)2)"Her Mother's Hope" (By: Francine Rivers)3)"Somewhere To Belong" (By: Judith Miller)And ... the list could go on & on & on. Family & friends are always borrowing from the absolutely huge: "Krista Library."


(Robin) When life seems to go crazy, what is one thing you do to bring comfort and peace?
(Krista) Many & various different things ... just a couple being: singing songs of worship ... praying ... walking & talking with the Lord in His creation ... talking with friends ... etc.


(Robin) What is one thing about yourself you admire?
(Krista) Strongly admire how I really & truly love & care about each & every person that I meet. But ... unfortunately ... this also has a "down side." As ... I end up taking people's ... my friend's problems as my own. And ... in loving deeply ... I also end up hurting deeply.


(Robin) What are a few of the things you love surrounding you?
(Krista) Wow ... there are ever sooooo many ... where do I even start?! Family ... my absolutely huge network of friends ... my life in the tropics ... the sound of the ocean ... my life here now by the lake ... the whistling of the wind ... the sound of birds ... the sound of rain ... the list of things that I love that surround me is endless.


(Robin) What are your deepest passions?
(Krista) People ... but especially those who ever sooooo greatly struggle ... who are underprivileged ... who feel lonely ... etc.


(Robin) What is the best advice ever given to you?
(Krista) "Trust in the Lord with all of you heart ... lean not on your own understanding ... but in all your ways acknowledge Him & He shall direct your paths."
(Robin) In the legacy you leave, what is one thing you hope out shines before all others?
(Krista) My love for God & for each & every heart & life that He has brought & that He continues to bring along life's pathway.


(Robin) What are you currently working on?
(Krista) Hmmmmm ... the biggest thing that I am currently working on here these days is trying to get my health back on track & although I am still not totally & completely up to par ... I am starting to feel healthier & much better with each & every day.


(Robin) How do you define success?
(Krista) Success to me is ... not so much "human accomplishments" ... but rather the positive impact that you have on others & the life-changing legacy that you leave behind.

Thank you for stopping by the Nest Krista! You are just a treasure. I think you are leaving a legacy of beauty behind. A beauty only the Lord can place in another's heart. I think we can all learn how to be successful from you girl. I am just tickled you could be here today. Blessings to you sweet lady!!


AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...