Saturday, September 4, 2010

Dancing for joy!

Recently at my daughter and son in law's wedding reception the dance floor was packed. By whom? Those who are young and can still move, that's who! No, there were elderly folks out there who had been married for sixty years celebrating in joy! Now, I must say, this girl can dance. But I dance in the comfort of my own living room. No one sees me. That might just be best. Lol There were little children out there dancing and just enjoying moving to the music. Now, there were two very sweet ladies in my life out there also. They are much older than I, but as the music began they left their seats to head out to the dance floor. To some, well, they might have thought, "What in the world are they doing?" To me, I saw two beautiful ladies that did not care if they could dance or not, but what they cared about was celebrating. They cared not what others thought, but let their hearts lead them in joy. I must say they tore up that dance floor! Me? Well, I danced to a few songs, but for some reason this girl still gets hung up on what others think. I let others opinions of me keep me back from enjoying myself. The only person that hurt was myself. I just need to let go, and just be me.
I had a wonderful time that evening. It was a beautiful day to celebrate the new beginning of a family. My daughter, Whitney, and her husband, Nick, will share a wonderful life together. Their dance is just beginning. They dance to their own tune. They dance whether others are dancing along or not. I think some where along the way I missed that. It was a blast! I laughed. I shared. I danced with my amazing husband and we stayed until the event was over.

But what gets me is this; I could have enjoyed myself much more if I could have just been me and not wondered what others thought. Yes, to a point we must contain our reputations. We must live according to the will of God, but He too wants us to enjoy ourselves. He wants us to get out there on that dance floor and live. Live each moment as it's the only dance.

These two ladies had smiles on their faces all night long. I imagine the next morning they felt all that movement and might have been a little stiff, but they celebrated life. They didn't sit the dance out. They didn't miss out on the joy in their heart. I want to live in such a way. I want to let my joy that I feel in my heart explode so others can feel my joy also.

So, what are you doing? Are you skipping the dance? Are you waiting for your dance card to be filled? It seems we wait and we wait, when all we must do is simply dance by ourselves. When we dance, others will dance too. When we light up, others will see that love in our hearts and want to join in.

Don't miss out on today worrying about what another will think of you. Feel that music in your heart and dance my friends!
Ephesians 5:18-20 "Don't be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, and making music to the Lord in your hearts. And give thanks for everything to God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Colossians 3:16-17 "Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom He gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father."
May we dance to the beat of our own unique drum. But within that uniqueness may we celebrate with Christ leading us. May we allow His Spirit to move us and guide us, enjoying each moment and not sitting the dance out. May we not miss out on joy and laughter out of fear of what others might think, but set an example for others to see. May we allow the joy of Christ to shout from our very being!

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...