Tuesday, August 3, 2010

MONDAY QUOTES

I know, Monday Quotes on Tuesday? I have a bit of catching up to do. I found this quote this morning and it just seemed to fit perfectly into my life right now. I hope it is one that will bless you. I find my attitude can either make situations better or worse. I can't change circumstances or attitudes of others, but I can my own. If I have a poor attitude the Lord cannot shine through me. If my attitude is possitive He is able to glow through my speech and life. Attitudes are catchy. A good attitude can light up a room. It can change the way we feel. It can lift us up out of a pit of sadness and touch another giving a smile. May my attitude reflect my relationship with the Lord. And many times it sure does do just that. If I am away from the Lord my attitude reflects the distance. If I am close to Him, others will see something new, something different and want to be close by too. Our attitudes seem to reflect what is really inside our hearts. It's like an emotion trying to escape to freedom. When we change the inside the outside will be more inviting. I hope this quote is one that will reach your heart today also.

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.
Charles R. Swindoll

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...