Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Sweet Sound of Friendship

"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares." ~Henri Nouwen

This could not be said better! Those friendships that mean the most are those that love us when we are unlovable. Forgiving when we are mistaken. They are right by our side through every season. They bring laughter in buckets that help wash away your tears on those days where all is tough. They are there for the long haul no matter how dry and dusty it gets. A friend will hug you when your down, and rejoice with you when your up.

Friendships lighten our load. They put a giddy-up in our step. They help us conquer all. The beauty is that we grow in their encouragement. Friends are always there in spirit. They are cheering you on and counting down the days until they see you again.

I am surrounded by amazing friends who encourage me. Each one adding something special to my life. I have those friends who love me for me, and laugh with me at all my blunders. I love those friends with open hearts who listen without saying a word. Having a girlfriend love me just the way I am is a rare gift. I love those friends who are honest and want me to be the best me I can be. If that means sitting me down and helping me correct a wrong, that's the kind of friend I want and need. I need friends who sharpen me, inspire me, and challenge me to be the best I can be for the Lord.

It's awesome having a girlfriend who loves to talk about the Lord. I want Christ to be the center of all my friendships. I love how He sends women into my life who have brought great treasures of wisdom to my soul. Each friend is like a new nugget. One to hold close to my heart.

Have you told your friends how much you really love them? We tend to take friends for granted. We need to reach out to those who make a difference in our lives and share with them just what blessings they really are.

I am blessed to have a diversity of friendships. A huge circle of friends, some closer than others, and some like sisters. In true friendships I don't have to hide myself. I can be me. I don't have to put on a show. I can just be me. Isn't that the point? Just being me and finding those who just wanna be themselves. When we find a connection it is one that is lasting and true. Nothing can come between friends who are truly giving, loving and thinking of the other. Friendship is a relationship between two hearts, soaring to be unique, yet being one.

Friendships add a smile. They bring chocolate over. They take off those extra pounds we seem to carry around. They make us feel beautiful.

If you are my friend I hope you know how greatly I appreciate you. I pray you know how much you inspire me and just how much I love you. I pray I never let you feel taken for granite. My hope is that through our friendship we will grow in Christ together and have a blast doing so!

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...