Thursday, June 17, 2010

Step Out of That Box

We can build walls around us keeping others out, and protecting ourselves. We can find ourselves just staying in our comfort zone, allowing fear to control us. In that fear, I think we can find fear of failure. What if we mess up? What if we make a HUGE mistake? What if it's not perfect? If we mess up, well, we clean it up best we can and keep moving. If it's a dandy of a mistake, well, we learn, we grow, and we know not to do that one again. And if it's not perfect? Well, we must stop kidding ourselves about perfection. When we try 100%, when we give it our all, when we follow Christ with everything we have, we can't go wrong. Perfection comes through Christ and Him alone.
When we choose to just stay in our box we are missing out on so very much. God has such gifts for us. He has such amazing work for us to accomplish through Him. There is life to be lived, real, meaningful life. When we are staying in that box with those walls around us, we are wasting precious time.

Those attitudes such as, "I wish I could do that", well, what is holding you back? "That would be so awesome to do", well, do it! What is sad is not even trying. Failure to me is just sitting back, letting time go by, living in fear. We must learn to let that fear go, try new things, shoot for the moon. Hey, if you don't hit the moon, there are plenty of stars out there to land on!

I don't want to look back on my life and see wasted time, time that could have been filled with so much, but I missed it by letting fear keep me in my box. We must take that first step. If we miss a few, well, short of falling, we just get back up and keep climbing!

We all need encouragement, right? Sometimes those we need it from the most are not giving it. My husband is one of my biggest encourager's. And He hates to read, but loves to see me get excited about my passions. He cheers me on, leads the way and tells me, "You can do it!" When we are not receiving encouragement from those close to us, don't fret about that. Find your encouragement in Christ. Get out of that box and find others who share the same passions as you do. I must be honest and say my friends are not real big readers, at least most of them. Some don't understand me writing, while others lift me up with their kind words. I must learn not every friend is going to share the same interests I have, so what do you do? You get out there and find those that do. You surround yourselves with encourager's! While others are encouraging you, encourage others in the Lord. Sometimes all anyone needs is a smile, a hug, or just an "I'm thinking of you." In just asking someone about their passions you can see their eyes light up and wow, do they love to talk about their passion. I would love to find a reading/writing group close to me that I could be part of. I have friends who have that blessing and I think it's wonderful. If you love to crochet and your friends don't, find others with that same love. Do you love the outdoors and hiking? Get out of that box, and live! Don't let fear keep you back.

Open God's word and find His encouragement there. It is His love letter to us. There is no where else I can find myself more than in His word. You have heard that saying, "Live, Love, Laugh?" When we are living, we are loving, and in that deep rooted love we find laughter to fill our soul. When we surround ourselves with those encourager's, we feel that joy that just lifts us up and sets us on our way.

Ever watch a flower bloom from the bud? That is what happens when we step out of our box. With each little step we begin to blossom slowly, until that bloom if fully visible and the fragrance is sweet smelling, and all around sees the delicate beauty radiating outward.

If we stay all closed up in fear, we are never going to blossom in the ways the Lord has for us. We will have set backs, but you know as long as you are taking one step at a time your still going somewhere. In taking two steps forward and one step back, well, that's still one step toward your goal.

When we let go of our fears, all possibilities are before us. Take a chance, make a change and move out of that box today and see all that is before you with new eyes!

Romans 12:7-8 "If your gift is serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, teach well. If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging. If it is giving, give generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly."
Romans 15:5-6 "May God, who gives this patience and encouragement, help you live in complete harmony with each other, as is fitting for followers of Christ Jesus. Then all of you can join together with one voice, giving praise and glory to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...