Skip to main content

He can make us whole

Psalm 34:18-19 "The Lord is close to the Brokenhearted; He rescues those whose spirits are crushed. The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time."

I love these verses. God is our Rescuer. He is there to throw out His arms and catch us when we are falling. Ever play that trust game? As you fall back, your friend stands behind you to catch you when you fall. For many this is a hard game to play. To trust someone is an honor and privilege. To trust you know without a doubt they are going to catch you and not allow you to fall. I am blessed with a few that I deeply trust with my life.

My husband is one of them. Other than Christ, he is the one I trust in this world the most. He has been there at the edge of the cliff with me. He has been there through the night. He has seen me at my worst and best, and still chooses to love me. But my husband is not my Savior. He has faults just as I do. He will let me down, just as I let him down. Friends will come and go. But our Lord will always be there. He is One who will never leave me nor will He forsake me. He is there to catch me when no one else is. He knows my deepest thoughts, struggles, and fears. I don't know why the Lord loves me, why He would want to save me, but He does and He did. He gave all for me. What else could He give more than His life to show me how much He loves me?

Now listen to Psalm 34:20, "For the Lord protects the bones of the righteous; not one of them is broken."

Wow, what encouraging words to hear from the God who loves us. As Christians we will suffer, we will struggle, but our spirits will not be broken. In this verse, bones refers to our entire being. There is nothing that can crush us. There is nothing that can destroy us when we have Christ with us.

John 19:36 "These things happened in fulfillment of the Scriptures that say, Not one of His bones will be broken." When Christ was crucified, not one bone was broken on Him. When He was raised from the dead He was perfect. He carried the scars upon His hands, but nothing was broken.

Bring those two verses together and it makes a perfect picture doesn't it? As Christ was made whole, we to will be whole and not broken when we are found in Him. When we are at our weakest, He is at His strongest. Many times I have thought I could not go on and struggled with the fact that there was more to life. But as God brought me through, He has healed me of brokenness I felt, but in some places I carry those scars. Those scars that show His healing power over the strong holds in my life. At times we feel as though we will be destroyed, but God always provides a ram.

Psalm 34:6-10 "In my desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened; He saved me from all my troubles. For the angel of the Lord is a guard; He surrounds and defends all who fear Him. Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him! Fear the Lord, you His godly people, for those who fear Him will have all they need."

There are times we just don't realize how much we need the Lord until the Lord is all we have. This world has nothing in comparison to what the Lord can do for us. He can meet each need. He can bring us from the depths of destruction. He can lift those clouds so we can see clearly. There was one dark night in my life as I lay in bed, tears streaming and I cried out to God for help. I felt Him take my hand and whisper to me, "I am here my daughter, be still." I felt His love and mercy wash over me, bringing me comfort and peace. When I woke that morning, my circumstances had not yet changed, but I knew without a doubt that whatever come, it was going to be alright.

We can't go wrong when we place our trust in Christ. Whatever is at your door today my friend, you can face it with Christ. He will meet your needs and He will bring you through to the other side. Life is hard, and sometimes it seems as though for no good reason, but through our pain we are never alone. There are no monsters under the bed, no bogey man in the closet that can touch us when Christ is surrounding us with His love. Find your encouragement in Him today. Look to Him for the answers.

Psalm 62:7 "My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me."

Psalm 145:18 "The Lord is close to all who call on Him, yes, to all who call on Him in truth."

Seek the Lord today to rescue you from your pain, hurt, discouragement, anger, all those things you are holding in. He will lift you out of that pit and set you high above the miry clay. When we cry out to Him, He hears and listens. He is working in our lives even when all is quiet. Don't allow this world to get you down, look to the Lord and be rescued so that you may have life again in Him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One True Love of Alice-Ann by Eva Marie Everson

Oh, just where do I begin? This is the stuff in which great novels are made. I made my way through this richly beautiful novel turning page after page with such deep emotion and thought. I couldn't turn the pages quick enough, but I didn't want it to end to soon. It's one of those novels you could continue reading as long as there were pages. No page just made of fluff, words with no meaning on the page. Every single line in this novel created a story that will last in my heart forever. 
Ms. Everson, I am so happy stories of the war were shared with you. Oh, to have your Sunday school teacher share with you, "You can't choose who you fall in love with, but you can choose who you marry", is a blessing that has now enchanted your readers. What a story you have weaved together. History penned with such depth, detail, and a story that captures the heart. 
This lovely story begins in 1941. The war has started. Picture a family gathered around the Zenith to hear t…

The Illusionist's Apprentice by Kristy Cambron

I want to begin this review sharing two reviews I was blessed to do. The Butterfly and The Violinand A Sparrow in Terezin. For me these two novels were masterpieces. Works of such exquisite beauty. They showed that Kristy Cambron is gifted with the pen, a master storyteller. They remain two of my all-time top favorites. 
It was for this reason I was thrilled to be receiving a copy of The Illusionist's Apprentice. Once again Cambron shows us a masterpiece of bringing a story to readers that speaks of faith and our Lord. Although throughout the novel these aspects are not boldly proclaimed, but are masterfully weaved throughout the story. 
Magic and illusion are not the same. I love how she brings this truth. Love that the main character was an apprentice to the master of illusion. She takes the use of being an apprentice and walks that road with integrity and hope. When we choose to walk with Christ we are His apprentices. We are to walk as the main character, Wren Lockhart walked…

The" I Am" Makes Us Think About What "i am"

In Genesis 1:26-27 it shares something valuable to each of us about who we are in God. We are created in His image. What I love about this verse below is that is says, "make man in OUR image". What's OUR? The trinity, God, the Holy Spirit, and Christ Jesus. Ponder that. I mean really go deep. We are make in THEIR image. 
"Then God said, "Let US make man in OUR image, according to OUR likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth. So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him, male and female He created them."
We are His workmanship. He knew us before we were ever born. He weaved us together within the womb, but even before then He planned our life perfectly for us. That's so much to ponder isn't it? 
"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared…

The Glassblower by Petra Durst-Benning

I came across this selection on Amazon. I had seen so many reviews that it intrigued me. I had never read anything from this German author. The cover caught my attention as did the description of this novel. 
It's a part of a trilogy. I am getting ready to open up book 2, The American Lady. I cannot wait to begin. I tell you this book marveled me. I wasn't quite sure what to expect. What a journey into another time and place. 
We travel to Germany where this novel is set. The year is 1890 and we find ourselves in Lauscha, Germany. The author did a fantastic job at the perfect description of not only the area, but circumstance, and heart of the characters. Her writing style flows so easily that the pages almost turn themselves. 
The characters are easy to love. Three sisters who are now wondering, after their father had passed from this earth,  how they will now provide for themselves. It isn't going to be easy, but these sisters show us how to prevail over challenges that…

Unexpected Blessings

The last words my dad spoke to me from his hospital bed were, "Rob, take care of your mom." Those are words I have never forgotten. I have not only honored them for my dad, but for my mom. I too am commanded by my Father to honor my mother and father.
"Honor your father and mother so that you may have a long life in the land that the Lord your God is giving you." Exodus 20:12
My mom gave her life in caring for me. On my first birthday, my very first Christmas, was spent in the ICU as I was very sick with pneumonia. A little later I would burn myself with spilled coffee. A few years later I would tumble down many stairs and once again spent time in the hospital. 
I remember all the times I was sick and could feel my mom's hand brush against my forehead as she checked for fever. All the times she must have stayed up all night as I was sick. 
When I was little she would pour me a bowl of Raisin Bran. I loved it. Only I didn't like the raisins. She would take t…