Sunday, June 27, 2010

Can thank you ever be enough?

When you see Jesus on the cross, what is it that you think of? For me, I see love. Unconditional love. In 2 Corinthians 5:21 it says, "For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ."
So, this brings me to my question that I have pondered throughout the day. Can me saying, "Thank You", ever be enough? Christ was destined to meet the cross with His blood. He was destined to die for sinners, not just some, not just a chosen few, but ALL! Romans 10:12-13 "For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved." We can move to Romans 5:20-21 "Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded more, so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

That cross was for you and I, and Jesus took our place. When this world was created God was there, along with Jesus and the Holy Spirit. God knows our past, present and future. He knew when Jesus, His son, would die on the cross He would rise again that third day. He knew glory would abound from His sacrifice. But although Jesus is God, when He was upon that cross He was human. He was perfect in every way, but He was human, feeling everything we felt, feeling the pain, torment and curse from this world. A world that turned from Him that very day He gave all for us. He felt all that we would have felt and more, He carried the weight of the world. He laid it all down for us. As we pick up our cross, we die to ourselves, giving up control of our lives, and giving our lives to Christ. To see Jesus, we must let go of ourselves and live in Him.

I know the burdens I carry. I know the sin of my past and the sin I struggle with daily, but Jesus knows them more. He died for every last one. When I think I all the burden I have carried, and think about Christ upon the cross, thank you can never be enough. He didn't just carry my burden of sin that day, but each man and woman across this world. Our sin was thrust upon Him on this day, and He didn't fight it. He knew what had to be done, that is how much He loves you and I. He was willing to lay down His life so that we might have life to the fullest. And we can, if we turn to Him and have life through Him. Is there really any other life but through Him? Romans 5:8 " But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

I think of the debt that we carry from my husband being laid off for two years. I see the debt that friends have. I see other's hurting and suffering loss. So, here comes a friend. He stands and shouts to us, "Bring all your debt to Me. I will pay all debt you owe now, and all debt you will owe in the future. I will make you debt free!" In terms of money, I think each man and woman would turn to Him and give openly, laying upon Him all debts, freeing themselves. See, Jesus paid our debt, but He through His blood, paid our sin debt. Not just for one day, but our sin debt is PAID IN FULL! Our sin debt is caste aside through His grace that abounds much more than sin ever can or ever will. Ephesians 2:8-10 "God saved you by His grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago."

It brings me to think upon each day I am given to live, and in each day I should be giving praise to God through the good and bad, through the mighty and the storms. For it is through Him that I have life. And I know this is not the end here on earth, but just the beginning of a new future with Him. No longer is He on the cross, and no longer is He stained with blood, but He is free, and He is white as snow, washed clean by the grace of God of our sin that He carried so we might have life. Doesn't that just make you want to shout praise to Him? It does me. There are many who wear a cross necklace. I have one that I love. There are some who wear one with Jesus still upon the cross, on mine, that cross is empty. He is no longer there, but alive! We must look to the cross to have life through Jesus. We must understand what happened there that day, where all turned dark, and our Savior gave all. If we cannot go to the cross, we cannot fully understand the whole sacrifice Christ gave. We must look to the empty tomb in faith, trusting He has risen and is preparing a place greater than we could ever imagine.

The only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ. Through Him we find redemption to set us free from the sin we wear. Today my friends we can find real life in Him. Today we can look to the cross and stay there a while, seeing our sin, seeing all Christ gave, taking our sin upon Himself, so that we might have life! What a gift. What a love I cannot fathom. I don't understand the love He has for me. A love I do not deserve, but a love He continues to set before me each day of my life and forevermore.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...